Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Video (BOeC)

    Nice! John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  2. J

    CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Sub. Video Posted

    I've been so busy making videos of other layouts and of railfan trips that I haven't made any of my own CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Sub. for a while. I rectified that last week when I did a bit of railfanning on my own model railroad; you can see the result at...
  3. J

    Another Great N Scale Layout in Winnipeg

    Nope--just a rank amateur when it comes to making videos. I actually posted a note about my videos and how I make them on my CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Subdivision blog today. I wrote it on the occasion of passing 100,000 views on YouTube for my various videos. You can read it at...
  4. J

    Another Great N Scale Layout in Winnipeg

    I posted a video of another great N scale layout up here in Winnipeg--the Mitchell Modellers. Like WinNTrak, it is portable; I shot the video at our Oct. 17-18 Winnipeg Model Railroad Club fall show. You can find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFABFoSBep8 John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  5. J

    Video of a Great N Scale layout posted

    In which case, try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-5W39SmUmM John
  6. J

    Video of a Great N Scale layout posted

    My videos are all public, so that login request is a bit of a mystery. The video should be viewable by all. John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  7. J

    Video of Winnipeg Model Railroad Club fall show posted

    The annual Winnipeg Model Railroad Club "Great Canadian Train Show" was another success. The weather, unfortunately, didn't cooperate--it was too nice. We find that lousy weather equals higher attendance on the part of the public; when it's nice outside, people often want to get in that last...
  8. J

    Video of a Great N Scale layout posted

    Most of my videos are of my HO scale CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Subdivision. But I have posted a video of a great N scale modular layout up here in Winnipeg--Win-N-Trak. I shot some video of it during our recent Winnipeg Model Railroad Club fall show. You can find it on YouTube at...
  9. J

    New blog aabout the CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Sub. created

    The phrase "I've started a new blog" is only less fearsome than hearing the words "the dentist will see you now. But I have started a blog about model railroading--about my CP Rail Manitoba and Minnesota Subdivision. I hope you just might find it enjoyable and interesting. The blog contains...
  10. J

    New Canadian Railfan Magazine Launched

    Railfan Canada is the name of a new Canadian railfan magazine. Below find a press release about it; you can visit www.railfancanada.ca for more information or to sign up for a subscription. John Longhurst, Winnipeg * * * New Magazine about Canadian Railways Launched...
  11. J

    Cougar River Sub. Overview Video Posted

    He's been working on it since the mid-1980s. This would be about version 5 or 6--he started in the back room and furnace room, with a single level, and it just kept growing from there. John
  12. J

    Cougar River Sub. Overview Video Posted

    While we all appreciate fine model railroad photography or videos, sometimes we want to see "beyond the edge." That is, we want to see how a layout fits into a room, or basement. I've just posted such a look at the Cougar River Subdivision. Through it you can get an overview of the four-level HO...
  13. J

    Two more Cougar River Sub. videos posted

    The spacing varies . . . I don't know what the exact measurements are. Next time I'll there I'll try to remember to measure it. John
  14. J

    Two more Cougar River Sub. videos posted

    Two more videos have been posted of my brother-in-law's Cougar River Subdivision, a four-level layout in Manitoba. The first shows a coal train on the lower level; the second shows the continuation of the run of the piggyback train (from an earlier video) on the upper levels. They can be seen...
  15. J

    New videos posted: Cougar River Subdivision

    The Cougar River Subdivision is a four-level HO scale layout in Manitoba, Canada. It is owned by my brother-in-law; it's been my good fortune to help him a bit with the layout, and to be able to run on it. The layout, which features both CN and the CPR, does not focus on a particular region...
  16. J

    New CP Rail M & M Sub. video posted

    I was lucky to find the Fort Frances turn leaving the yard during a recent visit, so I followed it to Nance, Minn. and caught some mainline and switching action on video. You can see it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMzaXtSrcGg John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  17. J

    Video: 40-footers on the M & M Sub.

    When I heard that a grain extra of 40-foot boxcars would be running on the CP Rail M & M Sub., I gathered the "crew" and headed off to the bridge over the Rushing River for a video shoot. You can see it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi7VCZXmkv0 John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  18. J

    Photo montage of the CP Rail M & M Sub. posted

    I got a little artsy and made a slide show of my layout with some jazz underneath--sort of a "best of" photos of my layout. You can find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQrmq7klOAY John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  19. J

    New Video of the CP Rail M & M Sub.

    It's been awhile since I added a video of the CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Sub. For this one I turned off the room lights, but left on the spots (creating a twilight effect) and followed a grain train around parts of the layout. I also show a middle level that enables trains to transition...
  20. J

    New video of the CP Rail M & M Sub. posted

    No doubt there are more cars that could use some attention, too! My goal is zero, or very few derailments. Sometimes that means living with a bit of shake and wobble, especially with the larger autoracks. John




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top