Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Great Canadian Model Railroad: The Northland Route

    I've added more photos of the Northland Route to my blog: http://cprailmmsub.blogspot.ca/2012/07/more-northland-route-great-canadian.html John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  2. J

    Great Canadian Model Railroad: The Northland Route

    I've posted a new Great Canadian Model Railroad on my blog: Arnold Walker's Northland Route. See photos, and get a link to a video, at http://cprailmmsub.blogspot.ca/2012/07/great-canadian-model-railroad-northland.html John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  3. J

    Hiding a hole in the wall

    That's coming next. John
  4. J

    Hiding a hole in the wall

    I'm running a series of posts on my blog about how I'm hiding a hole in the wall between my layout and the room that holds the staging yard. Find it at http://cprailmmsub.blogspot.ca/2012/07/hiding-hole-part-iii.html John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  5. J

    Video of the O scale Twin City Model Railroad Museum

    I was in Minneapolis-St. Paul a week ago. I took some photos and shot some video of the fabulous Twin City Model Railroad Museum O scale layout. You can see the photos and get a link to the video from my blog at http://cprailmmsub.blogspot.ca/2012/07/video-of-twin-city-model-railroad.html...
  6. J

    Photos of Dave Rickaby's Wisconsin & Michigan

    A little while ago I found myself wondering what had happened to Dave Rickaby's great Wisconsin & Michigan Western Division HO scale layout (featured in the January, 1995 Model Railroader). I contacted Dave, and he gave me an update and sent some photos. You can see them on my blog at...
  7. J

    Great Canadian layout: The G scale Winter Valley

    I've posted a new addition to my Great Canadian Model Railroad series--this time the Winter Valley Regional Railway, an outdoor and indoor G scale layout. Find it on my blog at http://cprailmmsub.blogspot.ca/2012/06/great-canadian-model-railroad-winter.html John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  8. J

    Last look at the Aberfoyle Junction

    Two rail, and all handlaid. John
  9. J

    W P F 5/18 to 5/ 24

    I took this photo on the Aberfoyle Junction layout during the club's last open house. John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  10. J

    W P F 5/18 to 5/ 24

    Great looking photo, Jay--did you enhance it in any way? John Longhurst, Winnipeg.
  11. J

    Video of the Aberfoyle Junction

    I've posted a video from the last open house weekend on the Aberfoyle Junction. Find it on my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUfLdwu3nNE John Longhurst, Winnipeg
  12. J

    Last look at the Aberfoyle Junction

    Lost their lease. John
  13. J

    Last look at the Aberfoyle Junction

    The Aberfoyle Junction, the great O scale layout near Guelph, Ont., had its last open house May 12-13. The layout, which represents southern Ontario in the 1950s, is going to be taken apart and reassembled in the nearby town of St. Jacobs--a process that could take 18 months to two years...
  14. J

    Interview with creators of The Model Railway Show

    In November, last year, Trevor Marshall and Jim Martin broadcast the first episode of the The Model Railway Show. They are now up to the 35th episode of the podcast. I interviewed Trevor and Jim about why they created the show, how they make it, how it fits into the world of model railroad...
  15. J

    Doug Tagsold new layout, or Model Railroader curse?

    Exactly. Follow the link on my original post to read more about it--and the explanation for it. John
  16. J

    Doug Tagsold new layout, or Model Railroader curse?

    Model Railroader featured Doug Tagsold's updated Denver, Front Range & Western layout in its April issue. By the time the issue came out the layout was gone, replaced by Doug's new Terminal of Toledo layout. (See above.) Has the Model Railroader curse struck again? More about that, and...
  17. J

    Backdrop artistry

    When it comes to making convincing photo backdrops, two people who stand out for me are Steve Flanigan (Louisville & Wadley Southern, above) and Tom Johnson (Logansport & Indiana Northern). These two have really nailed it; my own attempts at using photos for backdrops pale in comparison. With...
  18. J

    Upside-down ceiling layout--not April Fool's

    This is not an April Fool’s joke. At least, I don’t think it is; I checked the date on the Daily Telegraph article two or three times to make sure. (It was published Dec. 1, 2008.) I even contacted a friend in Crewe, England, where the creator of this unique layout lives, to confirm the...
  19. J

    Fabulous Canadian On30 layout

    This fabulous On30 logging layout, called the Miller Creek Forestry Museum, was recently bought by a local modeller and moved from B.C. to its new home in Winnipeg. It is set up at Elmwood Hobby Works. More photos of this layout can be seen at...
  20. J

    Changes to the CP Rail M & M Sub.

    Some photos of the changes to the CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Subdivision. Gone is the three-level centre penninsula; in it's place is a single level section. You can also see a video of the changes at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2PVtKdSRY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL John Longhurst...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top