ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Athearn has put the word "Authentic" on most of their packaging for decades.
-
Does anyone know anything about the 1999 Napa Auto Parts Athearn HO Train Sets?
Were they strictly a promotional item available to the stores?
I can only find one on the internet and they want a pretty insane price.
Any info/advice/opinions/comments are much appreciated!
-
Does anyone know anything about CIRC at the fair grounds? My cousin wants to go see how the big bridge they are building is going but I can't find a website or any valid information on the web. I found a website CIRR but it looks like 17 year old information.
Thanks,
UPBrad
-
I've got the same problem. CNW SD40-2 BLI and a CNW SD45 Proto. I didn't get them as cheap as you did though.
-
Yeah, I can't help but blame the oversight. That's what you get for hiring supervisors with the kind of decision making skills that lead them to buy a Dodge Neon.
-
Can someone steer me toward a dcc decoder for my Broadway Limited CNW SD40-2 and/or my Proto 2000 CNW SD45. They're both supposed to have plugs, I've never done this before but I want sound and I want the correct sound. Any help is greatly appreciated!
-
Well I own it now regardless. We'll see what it is when I get it. Broadway Limited listed #369 as being DC w/o sound but we'll see. It's in traditional yellow and I would much rather have zito yellow. I'll probably put a sound decoder in it anyway.
-
This is a Paragon, in a bag, in a box. He didn't promise sound but he did promise DCC so I may rail on him a little bit.
-
In the picture the engine is laying in the foam insert and the engine appears to be in a sealed bag. He says in the auction that he didn't want to "open" the bag to take pictures.
-
I just bought an HO Broadway Limited SD40-2 C&NW on ebay for $66.56. Does that sound like a good price? It doesn't have sound but it is still in it's original sealed bag. The listing said DCC but #369 is listed as "powered, no sound" so he's confused or lying.
-
I'm totally bummed for you. Maybe you can get some sort of a government grant to buy my rolling stock.
-
I've said for years that porta-johns were built better than Dodge Neons.
-
Still, the weathering is great, kudos.
-
That is some unbelievable weathering!
-
I'm 25 and a HUGE rail fan but I live and grew up along the Overland Route (former C&NW) and mainline photography isn't very exciting in my opinion, nothing but straight, fast tracks.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)