ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
T
I have just done business with Fifer Hobby Supply and Caboose Hobbies out of Denver, CO. Both places were easy to deal with and I received my order when promised.
-
T
I have just done business with Fifer Hobby Supply and Caboose Hobbies out of Denver, CO. Both places were easy to deal with and I received my order when promised.
-
T
Thanks for that ianacole. I just did some looking around and came across this remote tortoise mount, scroll down the page a little.
http://www.circuitron.com/index_files/Tortoise.htm
This says that the machine can be mounted up to 18" away from the turnout points, that would be great...
-
T
Thank-you both for your responses. I just subscribed to MRR so I hope I get that issue discussing the sideways mounting. I will be doing research on this and see what I can come up with. I am doing planning on my first layout so I want to try to eliminate some of the obvious blunders.
Thanks
-
T
I am reading a book on basic model railroading and there is a section about hiding the switch motors below the layout. The book says that the maximum thickness of the track board and roadbed cannot exceed 1 inch. Even if you only use 1/2 inch plywood for the top of your bench by the time you...
-
T
Thanks again guys for all the info. When looking for hobby shops online I ran across this list of hobby shops, they range from large to small and all across the U.S.. Some of the links are outdated but most still work, one word of caution though, don't click on ehobbyland because my virus...
-
T
Thank-you, thank-you Alan and Michael! I guess I was just looking in the wrong places. Now if I can just find my wife's credit card I will be set:D
-
T
Well, even though I have not figured out a track plan yet I figured that the first item I would need would be a locomotive, I believe that most of the other items; track, etc. would be available. The reason that I am searching now is because it may be months to locate what I want.
I am...
-
T
This sticky thread was started back in 2009 does anybody have any recent experiences with the good, the bad, the ugly of internet hobby stores? I had heard some not so good things about internet trains but I heard they have changed ownerships, any recent experiences with them?
-
T
Thanks again everyone for the replies. Actually waiting is a good thing for me because it forces me to slow down and do some more research before I jump into the deep end and regret it later. I have not even decided on a track plan yet, I will probably be working with a 4' by 8' bench or maybe...
-
T
Thank-you all for the input, I guess that I will have to be patient, (sigh).
-
T
I am a newbie here trying to get into the model railroading hobby. I have been looking around at different sites trying to figure out where I want to start purchasing some items. It is very frustrating going to the sites and everything, or most everything is sold out.
Any thoughts? Or are...
-
T
Thank-you Wayne and Buzz for the replies. Buzz, no I have not decided on a track plan yet, I looked at all the plans and by the time I was done I was cross eyed looking at all those lines going every which way:D
-
T
I am just getting into this and have been spending days reading and doing research and reading a lot of posts on this site. I went to the Atlas site and they had these track layout packages, not cheap by any means, but for a newbie to get up and running would one of these work? If not I was...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)