ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Hello folks,
Just curious about the approximate value of an original 1969 4-piece set in green plastic flip-top box (1 power unit, 2 cars, 1 unpowered end unit) lettered for CN.
It WAS all original (my 4-year old decided to do some exploring where he wasn't supposed to today and SHREDDED...
-
I remember jamming an X-Acto blade deep into my thumb while trying to trim some material off the pilot of an old AHM SD-40 to mount a snowplow. It bled like H*LL, and I never told my folks (I guess I must have been 11 or 12?). It healed eventually...man I was a stupid kid.
Later in high...
-
Wow - I had never heard of surface decals like that before. What an awesome idea! Archer #AR88005 looks like the ticket. And they make different types of rivets too...definitely need to keep that in mind. Now I just need to find out where I can get them up here in the Great White North. Some...
-
Good idea - I had purchased some thin black plastic wire for beading from the local buck store with the same idea, but I was too chicken to try it. Sounds like it might work. And I think many will agree that you found the best use for dental floss!;)
GENE
-
Hi folks,
This will take some of you WAYYYY back...
I'm putting together a couple of Limited Editions SP Daylight car kits from the 70's (I know, I know, the BLI and MTH stuff is coming...).
The sides and roofs are extruded aluminium pieces, but there is no roof seam detail...it's just...
-
Folks,
Just had to write in and say that I am very impressed with the service I received from Broadway Limited this month.
My old man received a Blueline Niagara from a hobby shop in the states, which arrived with two broken gear teeth.
Contacted BLI's service, and received immediate...
-
Thank you - I will check that out!
GENE
-
I can't take credit for that idea, I read it somewhere online and thought it sounded good (ie. cheap); and as to the decor, well, just wait 20 years and everything will come back in style again.
GENE
-
Hello folks,
Just looking for some guidance on the correct colors for NYO&W steam.
Can't really find anything in color on the web. Any hints? Boilers look black, smokebox probably graphite, what about the cabs? Roofs? Any other weird things I'm not thinking of?
Thanks in advance,
GENE
-
Priming for PS
I've used a straight Badger Air Opaque white as undercoat for PS SP Daylight orange, and it works great (the paint is probably 24 years old, and I'm happy I've finally found a use for it...) PS on plastic worked okay without it, but I needed it for some color uniformity from car...
-
Shades idea
I've used paint color matching cards from Lowes or Home Depot. Go to the paint chip card rack and help yourself to whichever colors you like (I usually grab light greys and some greens for passenger car window shades). Then I tape the edges with 2-sided clear thin tape (like for...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)