ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
S
Very cool. That stick on paper the kit came with is textureless paper.
I'm on the way to the dollar store now! Thankfully, I live in NYC, so there's a dollar store on every block.
Thanks for the tip- I think this is going to turn out very well!
-
S
Good thinking with the brackets- wish I'd thought of that before I laid my mountains.
If you wad up some newspapers or chart paper under the plastercloth, it will give it a more rocky, mountainous appearance. That will save you some time down the road when you're doing touch-up on it.
-
S
So, I've got two kits I've finished up for my up and coming Albany and Susquehanna: Blair Line's Cash Mine Works, and Martinsburg Coal Company (I don't recall who made it, Blair Line perhaps?) Anyway, the kits are together and both look absolutely amazing. All that's left is a bit more...
-
S
Blair Line's Cash Mine Works is a great kit. I wish I had pics but I'm between digital cameras right now. (A nice way of saying that I burned all my $ on a vacation and can't afford anything beyond Chef Boyardee until early April.)
It looks amazing, it's cut with 100% precision, a real...
-
S
Thinking a little bigger here.
The top part is the switching layout I sketched out a few days ago. I had to twist it around a bit to get it to fit, but although it's got a lot of curves, there should be enough straight track to make sure it all runs smoothly (the only problem I see is the...
-
S
Seems that I've misplaced my HO scale template... can anyone give me a link to a free, easy to use track planning program, if there is one? Thanks!
-
S
I've been using games workshop superglue for most of my plastic on plastic and plastic on metal gluing with no complaints. But it's just no good at holding metal to metal. What glue do you recommend for putting together white metal kits?
-
S
Hello everyone, I’m new to this site. Been interested in the hobby for two years now, but I’m still young and spend too much time chasing… jobs… to have really invested a lot of time into a layout. I’ve built a few ‘diorama’ style bits to get the hang of it, and now I really want to put...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)