ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
S
Thank you very much. There is a lot to the Walther's Steelmill. More than I 'd remembered. Has anyone ever built this entire industry? It appears to be very large. What might the rail system look like?
-
S
I too am still planning. However I will most likely go with coal and steel. I'm from Pittsburgh and grew up in the 50-60's. Does anyone remember a company that made a very large HO steelmill? It was a long time ago that I saw one but can't locate one now.
-
S
How far in advannce did you start planning your next layout? I ask because I am 6 years out. The reason is this. I used to be into this hobby 100% but had to give it up. Recently I began to build from scratch RC Sailboats and it sparked my interest in modelraading again. However I must wait...
-
S
Your latest revision looks very clean. Tell me more about the software program you are using. Will it work on a laptop ?
-
S
That will just about do it. Thanks. I have some reading to do for sure.
-
S
Signal lighting is so wide spread. What is a good source for knowledge about these lights/systems?
-
S
Thanks Pete. I agree with the drill and wire as you go. Next layout will be open grid until all the elevated track is in place and running.
-
S
Good thoughts fellas. I had an "N" scale above my garage. I was the president of a local club that had a permanent HO layout as well as modular component. I find that I enjoy all of the construction and building more than the actual running of the trains. Therefore I am planning a very large 20'...
-
S
Retired USAF 1990, forced retirement Architech 2009. When Social Security kicks in I will again retire to Williams, AZ and play golf and build a new layout.
-
S
What would you DO or NOT DO if you had it to do over. I'm starting a new layout and its been 12 yrs since my last one. There are a lot of updates mostly to Loco and DCC but layouts not so much. I'd still like to get your inputs
-
S
I was eyeball deep into this hobby over 12 years ago. In fact I was the local club President for a few years. But I got married and had to move so I sold out lock-stock-and-barrel. I want to get back into it again soon. WHAT has changed in the past 12 years? DCC looks to have grown and it looks...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)