Recent content by SteveF

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    Large Scale-Outdoors-1:29(or so)-Washington Idaho & Montana Ry Co

    Bob, I've never considered how many miles I can get on a charge, but I wear out before the batteries do.:D If just running on the loop, I can get 2.5 to 3 hours with that consist at a prototypical scale 25-35 mph. I do that while gardening. If I am switching freight, ... well, like I said, I...
  2. S

    Large Scale-Outdoors-1:29(or so)-Washington Idaho & Montana Ry Co

    BS Junction This is where the WI&M meets Andy Clarke's Bluestone Southern, though we know that is just BS. Snakey S Curves returning through Deary. SWMBO's Chicken coop in the background More S Curve Returning to Bovil Double rainbow taken on the same day as these photos
  3. S

    Large Scale-Outdoors-1:29(or so)-Washington Idaho & Montana Ry Co

    End of Track Palouse, WA and Lairds Yard will be built on the table in the background Turning on the Wye to head back to Bovil Leaving the Wye and joining the main line. Entering Potlatch from the West Grinding up hill Returning to Bovil
  4. S

    Large Scale-Outdoors-1:29(or so)-Washington Idaho & Montana Ry Co

    The Wye at Whiterock There is no White Rock on the WI&M. I copied this puzzle from Dave Goodson's Colorado Consolidated Railway. To shunt the cars into the right spot takes an agile mind. Leaving the Wye and entering White Rock The world's best brakeman. Gysgt John Basilone, aka "Gunny."...
  5. S

    Large Scale-Outdoors-1:29(or so)-Washington Idaho & Montana Ry Co

    Leaving Deary The gate keeps the chickens out of SWMBOs garden. Heading downhill to Potlatch, ID I've pulled the grass weeds since this photo was taken. Potlatch, ID Home of WI&M's maintenance facilities, as well as the world's largest lumber mill. The bridge over what will...
  6. S

    Large Scale-Outdoors-1:29(or so)-Washington Idaho & Montana Ry Co

    The Washington Idaho & Montana Ry. Co. Running generally from Bovil, ID to Palouse, WA. The WI&M never made it to Montana. The WI&M is battery powered and radio controlled. Bovil, ID yard That dead vine on the house is my hops plant. Leaving Bovil Dartmouth, ID The Chief Engineer of...
  7. S

    Feeder wires: 60 foot O scale layout

    I'm a "0" Gauge three rail guy... ...and I would recommend using at least 12 gauge stranded wire (for greater flexibility) for the buss wire. (I use 10 gauge for my buss wires.) Then, I would recommend using 18 gauge stranded wire (same reason) for the feeders. The idea is to have the least...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top