Recent content by Snowman

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Snowman

    So what are you listening to right NOW?

    Um...a confused double line, my apologies. I think it's sorted out though.
  2. Snowman

    So what are you listening to right NOW?

    George Benson: Breezin.
  3. Snowman

    Running Bear's September 2026 Coffee Shop

    Actually, you really can't, but this is the American west, so who's gonna know unless you make an obvious production of it. My brother had a flair for drama, or he was trying to bring the remaining three sibs together, but we all got along just fine, so there was really no need for it...
  4. Snowman

    How steep is too steep?

    Well...on my proto-freelanced railroad the ruling grade on the east side--a fictional class one road--is 3.3%. It's also based on the real D&RGW standard gauge lines, and if you are familiar with them you'll know the ruling grade on the west side of Tennessee Pass is a "mere" 3%. So am I...
  5. Snowman

    Running Bear's September 2026 Coffee Shop

    Almost as good.
  6. Snowman

    Running Bear's September 2026 Coffee Shop

    Very interesting. As it happens my own proto-freelanced railroad runs right through that area, and the (fictional) western terminus of the modeled portion, if I ever had the time and space would be...Pagosa Springs. In model railroading terms, it's a collection point for several natural...
  7. Snowman

    Help With Snow Plow Identification

    Yes, and with Archbar trucks, no less (probably two, although we can't see the the one in front). It does also have the swing out blades. That was a rare beast, even back in its own day.
  8. Snowman

    Human Verification

    Now I'm wondering if dropping info you have to whatever authorities in Singapore might be interested could be helpful. It's a country which comes down HARD on drug trafficking, for example (the death penalty), and I wouldn't be surprised if hacking penalties are severe, also and even if the...
  9. Snowman

    Running Bear's September 2026 Coffee Shop

    Wouldn't have guessed you live in Steamboat (correct me if I'm wrong). If you do, I'll ask if you know a guy named Chris Hamilton, who is a Flight For Life helicopter EMT when he's not sim-racing. Which is, of course, where I know him from, thankfully not as a passenger on Flight For Life.
  10. Snowman

    Running Bear's August 2026 Coffee Shop

    Yeah, I get the Carl Malden version. Patton was a very good film. The one thing about Patton that's hard to cast is that he was said to have a high-tenor-voice. Not "squeaky" really, but high pitched. Whether or not that added to his aura of urgency is something on which I can only speculate.
  11. Snowman

    Running Bear's August 2026 Coffee Shop

    Just rewatched "Ike: Countdown to D-Day." Tom Selleck as Dwight Eisenhower. I had seen it before, but it had been a while too. Good stuff, reasonably accurate (the book "The Supreme Commander"--Steven Ambrose-- lays it all out in much more depth and detail), but for a two hour film this did...
  12. Snowman

    Running Bear's August 2026 Coffee Shop

    Evokes something of Santana.
  13. Snowman

    Running Bear's August 2026 Coffee Shop

    Ok...this is Asimov's most magnificent opus: "The Last Question." It's a short story. Read it or not as you will: https://users.ece.cmu.edu/~gamvrosi/thelastq.html Multivac, btw, is the fore-runner of today's PC. A rudimentary computer by today's standards. And into the future. So is...
  14. Snowman

    Running Bear's August 2026 Coffee Shop

    Whoa whoa whoa...Kusojiji: I have perhaps stupidly assumed you are in Ge-Pen. But maybe I'm wrong? You are quickly responsive to so many things, and is it possible you are actually in Hawaii?
  15. Snowman

    Running Bear's August 2026 Coffee Shop

    Risky Business is one of the classics over here. FWIW.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top