Recent content by RockPython

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. RockPython

    Rocky's start to a layout...

    a few more pics A few more pics of all the stuff... The dog is genuine 1:1 :D sorry for the double pic!
  2. RockPython

    Rocky's start to a layout...

    Hey Gang! I just received a bunch of N scale stuff from a "certain" list on the internet... I was wondering if I should do HO or N scale for a first layout, but since I got all this cool stuff I am going to start N. Here are some Pics... No locos or rolling stock, just a LOT of scenery...
  3. RockPython

    Opinions on this set of track?

    I'm kinda all over the musical board... I will have to look that up I liked that sound! Thanks! Rocky
  4. RockPython

    Opinions on this set of track?

    I appreciate all your answers. Gino- Nice Vids! Is that "Flogging Molly" in the background? I am looking to do a "Semi-permanent" set up. I want to get stuff that can be upgraded as my knowledge does. My cash flow is slow, but steady so I want to be able to run a train while I build. Flexi...
  5. RockPython

    Opinions on this set of track?

    I have a Hub Hobby Center by me and I was looking at a set of track like this to start... any opinions? Thanks group! Rock
  6. RockPython

    My maquette

    Beautiful work! your collection is awe inspiring!
  7. RockPython

    Complete Noob...

    I am off to the library to pick up some books and I also got a copy of "Building Your First Model Railroad" and am going to watch that. I will keep you guy updated with what I do. Is there a place to journal my work?
  8. RockPython

    Complete Noob...

    Thank Gino! I have not yet considered N scale yet... I just figured since HO was the most popular and a saw an HO "Alleghenny" that just flipped my lid! what are some advantages to N versus HO? I want high detail, but don't want something to overpower my layout.
  9. RockPython

    Complete Noob...

    Thanks for all your advice so Far! I have a 4'x8' section I will be able to use. I would like to incorporate scenery in the future but I think I will only have an initial budget of around $200-250 for initial "stuff" I understand that you get what you pay for and if I cant get an engine AND the...
  10. RockPython

    Complete Noob...

    Hello! I am new to Model RRing, and with the exception of my GI JOE battle set and my Santa Fe engine I had when I was a kid, a COMPLETE ROOKIE. I am interested in the groups opinion on what is good for : Books, DVDs, beginner sets (HO scale) and if any online sites are recommended. I won't...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top