Recent content by randymbtech

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. R

    Need help with around the walls layout plan...

    Haha, yah I hear ya. I think it will work out well. Can anyone help with a quick track plan for one main line, with some sidings, a large yard, and possibly a turntable? My locos are 95% diesel's, and I have 2 really nice sets of passenger cars with matching locos I'd like 2 run. I also have...
  2. R

    Need help with around the walls layout plan...

    Thanks for the excellent advice guys, I really appreciate it. I think I am going to build the bench and temporarilly lay some sectional track down on it, just to get an idea of how it will work out. I think that you guys are right, and two continuous trains will not work given the space I have...
  3. R

    Need help with around the walls layout plan...

    I am real close to you, in Center Moriches. I found a club online, I think it's in Medford?
  4. R

    Need help with around the walls layout plan...

    Thanks for the reply. It's always good to hear new ideas! Keep them coming guys! Thanks. Randy
  5. R

    Need help with around the walls layout plan...

    I just noticed that the Atlas track is made out of nickel now, my old track looks like it's brass, or something? I will pick up some new flex track and turnouts too. I had a feeling my old turnouts would be an issue. Thanks!!!
  6. R

    Need help with around the walls layout plan...

    Oh, I understand. Maybe I can build the passenger line along the outside of the layout with 22 radius, and then build the freight line on the inside with the 18 degree. I really want 2 trains running at the same time, that is my goal.
  7. R

    Need help with around the walls layout plan...

    Thanks for the reply! I checked all of my old track, and it's all marked 18 radius. I asked my Dad and he said we ran all of our trains on 18 radius, with no problems, even our passenger trains. It has been many years though, are we wrong???
  8. R

    Need help with around the walls layout plan...

    The measurments are hard to see. It is 11.5' by 16' by 6'. I had to make it 16' long on the one side to get around the darn boiler, and then come back out to 4' to turn 2 trains around. On the right side, I have the electric panel to deal with, so I reduced the width to 2 feet, so I can reach...
  9. R

    Need help with around the walls layout plan...

    Basement drawing:
  10. R

    Need help with around the walls layout plan...

    Hi guys, I'm new to the site. I have tons of HO trains, and recently re-discovered them in storage. My father and I built a nice layout when I was a kid, and I haven't even seen my trains in almost 20 years. I got really excited seeing them again, and I am ready to set up a nice layout in my...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top