ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Tooter,
Very Cool. I like your collection :). It's so well organized and almost symetrical in the picture. Kind of hard to tell by picture but what scale is your collection?
All the best,
-
Thanks for posting the video. I enjoyed watching that thing go. Engines like that are the grandpas of the modern model railroads. I've never seen one in person so it was nice to at least watch a video of one. Seems like fewer people nowadays pay notice to those early model trains, tin plate O...
-
As for the Uke in Rail-Uke
Yeah I can play that song too. Probably not quite as good with his strum rythm but I do OK. I tend to play standards and tin pan tunes.
I actually avoid that song as it has become what the Righteous Brothers version of "Unchained Melody" is to Karaoke...
-
Great! Thank you for that info. I will look into the paint.
UP diesels just don't look like UP diesel without silver painted side frames.
Best regards
-
Just some other pictures of the PVRR with different angles. A more detailed description of the layout is in the post below.
-
These photos of my layout were taken without any set up and only with a Canon Powershot 400. I think if I had a better camera and studied up on how to set up a good shot I could get some great photos.
There is still much to be done to build up the layout but I hope it's coming along. My goal...
-
I've had a number of hobbies over my life some get put on the back burner for a time and others as time goes by I realize I can't keep doing them. I won't bother to mention any of them because it doesn't matter.
However through it all Model Railroading has always been with me in some way...
-
Hi Aaron,
I may be able to help with some of your questions
O-36 track is the minimum radius for an engine like this. One might be able to squeak by with O-31 but that's getting pretty tight. Minimum radius means exactly that.... minimum ie. you're pushing the limits of the engine and cars...
-
I have a 1989 Lionel ALCO RS-3 in Union Pacific Livery. The truck frames are shiny black plastic and I would like to paint them silver but the plastic doesn't take paint. I know Lionel has molded silver trucks on their new stuff now but I don't want to invest in the new parts and they may not...
-
A nice little Christmas Railroad indeed. I built an "around the tree" set up a couple of years ago. I have little Percy from Thomas the Tank engine hauling his Christmas freight around a little village.
You know who can't seem to keep their fingers off of it and who keeps touching it while it...
-
Have you tried a word search? I don't know if you are looking for something realistic and detailed or something more Toy Train like.
I have never looked into Fire Houses but just did a word search on them.
http://twinwhistle.com/oscalekits.aspx...
-
Ditto on the Scotch-Brite. I use it as well for regular track cleaning. It works great and keeps the rail tops very clean
-
Hi everyone,
My name is Jim and I'm 45 years old. I've been a Model Railroader for 33 years. I started out in HO scale and modeled in that for 20 years and also got involved in N scale at the same time for 10 of those years. When my son was small we decided to get involved with Lionel...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)