ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Well with the exception of the conveyers the gravel company is finished. Thanks for the kind words everyone!
-
Finished most of the gravel company. A bit more to go. Pretty happy with how it’s turning out.
-
-
I started to weather the gravel company to see if I would like this approach. All of the weathering I have done on my buildings has been done with water paints.
-
So I have been working a little more on buildings. A little weathering and building.
-
-
It has been a while since my last update. I have started to weather a building. Pretty happy with how it’s turning out.
-
I don’t think it’s conductive, is it?
-
Jim thanks for sharing. The work I did with the locomotive paid off and it seems to be working. As the saying goes. If it ain’t broke, do $&@$ with it.
-
I think I will try the paste idea. I am sure the solder is not fused to the frame. It is probably more of a better contact fit. I did tap and screw the Decoder wire in my 2-8-2 that I converted but it was more like drill a hole and force a small computer screw into the hole. I didn’t have a...
-
I think they are working okay now.
-
Thanks Cambria and TrailRider.
-
I was reluctant to try to get the wheels out of the truck frame. I don’t want to damage them.
I do have some powdered graphite I can try to get in.
I will check out the drivers as well. What is typically used to lubricate them?
-
I took the trucks off the tender and soaked them in vinegar for 15 minutes and that seems to have cured the problem.
I guess I could have run the black wire to both of the trucks and connected the wire someway. Since its working, I will let the current install stand until it starts to not work...
-
I installed a DCC Decoder in my old 0-4-0 Mantua locomotive.
The loco picks up rail voltage from the tender through the frame.
It is not working well as it is. I cleaned the wheels and connections points on the frame and truck frame. Didn’t clean at the ends of the axles as yet.
I did drill a...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)