Recent content by r6racer

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. R

    Small layout 'benchwork'

    Me neither but it is not that hard. Just pre-drill your holes when working with smaller wood like 1x2s. And remember - Measure twice - Cut Once.
  2. R

    Small layout 'benchwork'

    They are on the short edge so the height is taller than the table edge. That way I have clearance for wires coming out for the controllers, etc...
  3. R

    Small layout 'benchwork'

    Its a great idea. I did the something similar. Mine is 38x56 and fits under my kids bed. Its foam on top of plywood on top of a frame made from 1x2s. The beauty of my design is that the frame on the bottom just fits inside the frame on the top of his Thomas table. This way it is perfect...
  4. R

    Cheap Spray Foam Risers - I need the info

    No but thanks, I have those. Someone posted a DIY for spray foam between two pieces of hinged wood. Clamp it shut to the thickness you need and you have wide section of grade.
  5. R

    Cheap Spray Foam Risers - I need the info

    I've done multiple searches but cant find the thread. Does anyone have the link? thanks,
  6. R

    ID this building for me

    Does anyone recognize this Box and Crate company and who manufactures it? Thanks,
  7. R

    Family Project N Scale "Yet to be Named" Railroad

    Here are the initial stages of our "learning layout build". Already got the kids involved with cutting wood, sanding and setting screws in the pre-drilled holes. Also here's a couple of attempts to brush off the layers of rust on my modeling skills with a couple of Metcalfe card stock...
  8. R

    Tack choice for N Gauge Layout.

    Thanks for all the info. A couple of follow up questions. I have a double line going around the perimeter of the plan. With Unitrack should I consider Kato's Double Track or go with single pieces? The double track looks like plastic toy track to me. Or do you lay something between the lines to...
  9. R

    Tack choice for N Gauge Layout.

    That would be great if you could post the link or source of the video. Thanks,
  10. R

    Tack choice for N Gauge Layout.

    My 6 year old son and I are planning our first layout. We've been playing with temp layouts for about 2 years now and have collected about 20-25 ft of Bachmann EZ track in that time. Our layout will require about 54 ft of track including a number of turnouts, Wyes, 3 bridges and a tunnel. My...
  11. R

    AnyRail Software issue

    I did not see a specific section for modeling software so I'm asking this here. After working with AnyRail for about six weeks I've come across an issue I can't resolve. I don't know what changed but when I open a library it is so small I can't make out what the structures are or the...
  12. R

    AnyRail Software issue

    sorry for the double post
  13. R

    Achieving Track and River Elevation

    I am attempting to create a small rise in elevation, 1/2 in, for the part of the track at one end of my layout and also a small river that requires a drop in elevation for the river bottom. Basically my layout is a double oval with some turnouts. I know most of you are fond of foam and I've read...
  14. R

    First Layout Questions

    Horseman- Thanks for the info. I see you are in CO. My family just returned from there March 1 where we tried to see some of the railyards. Wish I knew more about the area to see more. My brother-in-laws new office off of Wynkoop views from Union Station all the way around to Coors Field.
  15. R

    First Layout Questions

    Thank you for the feedback guys. Does anyone have a compelling argument "to" or "not to" use a piece of foam on top of the base for the track?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top