Recent content by PRR 561 0-8-0

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Totally unrelated help needed ASAP

    If none of the other suggestions help and your battery is ok try shorting your starter to see if you got a bad starter. I have had that crap happen to me before also. Just take a long insulated screwdriver and contact the 2 studs should turn over. But charge your Battery first..
  2. P

    Looking for honest feedback...

    I have had no problems with my CW-40 yet. I have added 4 freight cars and 6 linear feet of track with my starter set. I got the PA flyer but they are the same except for the loco you got the 4-4-2 and I have the 0-8-0 but they are the same. Save up and build up your stable. Not saying though I...
  3. P

    4X8 Layout For Two Lines?

    Does anything have to be done to the loco's to run a DCC ? Thanks
  4. P

    Where do you purchase mostly?

    50% LHS 50% online I found a Hobby shop online hobbyspeed.com. He has some really good bargains. Also have a local hobby shop that seems to be inline with most of the prices that are in the catalogs. But still enjoy looking online then comparing prices in the area.
  5. P

    Hello

    Welcome this guys are great. I have been told that when you share the information that you know that is the greastest gift you can give. I have been helped more in the last two days than I have ever been with any hobby or sport I have ever done.:)
  6. P

    New old Railroader

    Yes I have thought or it was suggested by my wife to do a exchange track section my only question is control power how would that work and what would be needed to power 2 lines on one track or would both lines need to be switched at the same time?
  7. P

    New old Railroader

    Thanks for the help. We were at the local hobby shop today and WOW did not understand the scale of detail and the amount of fun that we have just started. Now the fun part begins...
  8. P

    New old Railroader

    Looking at mixed freight gondolas, 40' Boxcars, Flatcars..
  9. P

    New old Railroader

    Sorry I am going to do a O scale layout. I have a 10 x 15 room to work with just have to build a platform with shelving underneath to work with what needs to be stored. Not sure on grades may not have any to start still thinking,planning,wishing.. I just can't figure how to incorporate two lines...
  10. P

    New old Railroader

    Hey All, After the holidays I am planning to start a layout that will include a Penn Rail and a New York Central. Just got the Penn and my wife has a pre 1954 NY. What kind of layout would everyone recommend. I am now saving to get fasttrack for the NY. We want to keep it simple but also...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top