Recent content by NYCGuy

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    Atlas Code 83 HO Turnouts

    I have spoken to several HS owners recently and they all said basically the same thing; Atlas has had issues since late last year with their manufacturing facility in China. Bottom line is they are supposed to start filling back orders by late February early March 2014. This problem is said to...
  2. N

    Elevating curved sections of roadbed

    Thanks for the suggestions. I just spent the last hour or so reading and watching your posts and videos. All I can say is “Holy Cow”, I am impressed. I was paying particular attention to your use of and placement of the bench work materials, although the rest of the posts contain tons of very...
  3. N

    Elevating curved sections of roadbed

    Here are some pics of the elevated section. The 1st one shows the amount that portion is out of level, it's about 4+ degrees. the 2nd one is the riser that I had to offset so that one end of the board wouldn't stick up in the air. 3rd is a 1"1/4 riser that I had to add a support to in order to...
  4. N

    Elevating curved sections of roadbed

    Hi everyone, I have a question about how to elevate curved sections of road bed while keeping the track level? I am building the Atlas Central Midland 10’x12’ layout and am having some trouble keeping the road bed level as I curve the direction of the bed and risers increase in height. I have...
  5. N

    Introducing

    Hi everyone, I started a new layout in mid-January 2014. I just finished the bench work for The Atlas Central Midland (10'x12'). I built (much) smaller layouts years ago so this is pretty much all new to me, along with venturing into DCC. I currently live in Syracuse NY. I figured a long...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top