Recent content by nucleargary

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    Wpf 2-17/2-23

    I can't find any modern HO pickups anywhere besides the Riverpoint Station Ford stuff. Even most modern cars are impossible to find.
  2. N

    Power to the track. Rookie question...

    I checked all that and everything is correct. The cab itself works fine, I am just not getting any power to the rails. I guess I must have a defective unit because everything is exactly as stated in the manual. :(
  3. N

    Power to the track. Rookie question...

    I have everything wired up exactly according to the diagram. For whatever reason, the red LED light on the power panel wont light up. I am using a 3ft section of flex track for a program track. Any other suggestions?
  4. N

    Power to the track. Rookie question...

    I am still in the construction phase of the layout so I havent put down any track yet. Still building benchwork, ect. I have just been playing around with an oval and the DC powerpack to test new rollingstock and locos. I just bought a NCE PowerCab system and some decoders. This sounds like a...
  5. N

    Wpf 10-07/10-13

    Picked these up at a swap meet. $9 for both.
  6. N

    First layout

    I've been getting some things done on the layout but haven't really posted anything in a while. There are a few changes to the layout, I moved the yard to a different section and added some more benchwork. Not too much to report so far since I have been working a lot and doing a lot of stuff...
  7. N

    First layout

    This sounds like a great idea. I might give it a try. Did you ever have an issue with the foam moving around since it was not fastened?
  8. N

    First layout

    I am hoping to get a day or two off work this week to go get some buildings for the layout. I need to place some structures before I start laying track so I can make whatever adjustments are needed in the track plan. I am still looking for a good price on a DCC system. Has anyone had any luck...
  9. N

    First layout

    Here is the semi-final plan. The size and shapes of the buildings are not accurate but you get the idea.:D
  10. N

    First layout

    Yes, I am using foam. I have a bunch of 2" foam insulation boards. I took them off to do a little benchwork. They will be glued on before I start laying track, ect. I am still playing around with the idea of adding elevations and maybe a tunnel.
  11. N

    Weekly Photo Fun 6-3/6-9

    So far it runs great. I opened it up and everything inside looked good. Up until now I have only owned the cheap old locos that you can get from swap meets and old train sets. I have a few old ones made in the 80's and early 90's.
  12. N

    Weekly Photo Fun 6-3/6-9

    Thanks Jeff. I actually got a great deal on it at the LHS. Had to grab it even though I don't really model Rio Grande. That was my first attempt at scenery and I rushed it.
  13. N

    First layout

    I added a few triangular peices to the inside corners to make it look a little smoother. I am also wondering if I should slightly elevate the tracks leading up to the bridge, to kind of give the perception of height.
  14. N

    Weekly Photo Fun 6-3/6-9

    I found a old diorama I made years ago. Thought I would take a few photos of my new Athearn SD50. Don't pay attention to the crappy paint work on the hillside...:o
  15. N

    First layout

    I might just do a removable 2' bridge across the gap. I have to figure out how to power the track so that I dont have to plug/unplug anything whenever I remove it to walk through.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top