Recent content by mrconductor55

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    Anyone out there do custom graffiti? (from pictures)

    Hmm, I'll look into that. I just picked up a proto2000 SW9 in Conrail Blue, now I've got 2 projects. As for security. They tightened it up after this happened 3 or so years ago, razor wire and a big light to illuminate the compound at night, hasn't happened since.
  2. M

    Anyone out there do custom graffiti? (from pictures)

    Anyone? I want to model a locomotive that has been heavily vandalized. I have easy access to it and can get lots of detail pics and measurements.
  3. M

    H0 Scale Powered freight car

    Yep, Metal Management/Kozy's Iron on Paulina ave. is one of their bigger customers. Last time I chased them(back in January) They had 28 loaded scrap gons from Metal management, and had to borrow a BN GP53 to pull the train up the hill, it got stuck too, and they banked the train w/ the...
  4. M

    H0 Scale Powered freight car

    hahaha, ex BRC 520, She is now owned by Cnetral Illinois RR, t the old CB&Q branch that runs along Cermak and Blue Island Ave. west of Halsted, She is pained in a Q themed scheme
  5. M

    H0 Scale Powered freight car

    Here the SW9 is at the bottom of the hill, it curves and becomes extremely steep just behind where I was standing. Then here she is roaring up the hill, she is near the top of the first here, she has 14 cars behind her, and is doing a pretty good impression of an Alco. So yeah, Time to work...
  6. M

    H0 Scale Powered freight car

    @UP2CSX I am thinking of omitting some of the hill, and making it less steep, I need the track to raise about 15 scale feet to go over a busy street. On busier days, they usually work the line, drop their cars at the bottom of the hill, run to the top of the hill, then back down the Domino Sugar...
  7. M

    Engine Roster Thread

    Okay, my old roster is all packed up, I plan to sell it eventually. But the first edition to my new roster arrived last week. I have alot of work to do on her. And need a painter if anyone is interested. Proto 2000 SW9 CB&Q 9275 in H0 Scale. Gorgeous little model. I bought her in Q colors so...
  8. M

    H0 Scale Powered freight car

    Hey guys, I'm planning a new layout right now, featuring a detailed Proto 2000 SW9, serving a handful of industries in an industrial district in Chicago. The real life line features a steep climb to the BNSF main. I'm thinking of doing the grade in 2-3%. I want to be able to run 15-20 cars up...
  9. M

    The Boys at Work

    very nice, looks like those engines stay in notch eight full time
  10. M

    Diesel service facility?

    Cool, I'll stop by there on Monday when they have the switcher working and out of the way, and I can get some detail shots
  11. M

    Diesel service facility?

    Hey guys, I'm in the early building stages of my new layout, based on the Central Illinois Railroad's Lumber District Branchline here in Chicago. They keep their engines outside locked up inside of a 2 track compound. During the winter months, they have Hot Start equipment on their engines to...
  12. M

    old rusty...retired

    those are both really awesome! good job
  13. M

    Sound Decoder and ditch lights on a Proto SW9.

    I don't believe they are dcc equipped, I am willing to and capable of wiring it up though. But my question was on fitting a sountraxx decoder and speaker inside of this small unit. One more thing. Which decoder would give my a 567 sound, with functioning ditch lights on the front and rear of...
  14. M

    Sound Decoder and ditch lights on a Proto SW9.

    Hey Everyone, I am in the planning stages of my New layout. I just finished my trackplan, and in the final planning stages. My Layout features a Proto 2000 SW9 running a branch line in an industrial district, there is a bit of street running, with about 6 industries. I would like to have...
  15. M

    I'm planning a new layout.

    Thanks for your reply, First, That shot was staged for the group of railfans that were there to see the engine on its maiden run in Q colors. Engineer Vahey wanted it to do that, so he ran it uphill in run 8 with 10 loaded cars. I am doing HO Scale like my last layout. This will be a big...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top