Recent content by look4trains

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. L

    whats your main industry

    Main industry will be a pet food factory. Raw material in, dog food out in boxcars. Raw material includes grains, meat by-products, and tank cars of various fats. Also serve a grain elevator that has a siding that can load 7 cars (13 cars long), fertilizer plant, loading dock, and an...
  2. L

    Weakly Foto Phun 2/3 - 2/10

    Here's one I shot a couple of days ago, I just had to have that BNSF unit with the yellow font. Love to see everyone's work, it is always an inspiration. Jim
  3. L

    what system do you run.

    Digitrax Zephyr Xtra, with a UT4 and DT402 throttle. I have been very happy with this system. Why did I go Digitrax? Because that's what all the "cool kids" (I mean other model railroaders I know) were using. I have no experience with other systems. I do keep the manuals close at hand for...
  4. L

    Your railroad's story and history

    The Story of the WCMR The West Central Minnesota Railroad models the section of former Great Northern trackage between Wadena and Cass Lake. In this scenario, rather than being abandoned, this segment was leased or sold to a short line. Shippers in the Park Rapids area wanted to ensure that...
  5. L

    Workbench

    Nice stuff, everyone. Here's mine.
  6. L

    WPF for 04 Nov - 10 Nov 2011

    Built a loading dock for transloading bulk bag beans from truck to boxcar. Jim
  7. L

    What did you get for Christmas?

    Got the Dash 9 I've needed, along with 4 turnouts and some freight cars. Now for a sound decoder...
  8. L

    Branching Feeders?

    Hello group: I'm in the process of wiring my around-the-wall layout for DCC. On half of it I used 14 gauge stranded bus, and on the other half 12 gauge solid (because that's what I had on hand). Feeders are 20 and 22 gauge, and I have kept them under 6" long. However, in order to make...
  9. L

    Digitrax Zephyr Starter set

    Not only that, it also forces you to pay attention to turnout position-the first time you run through a switch that isn't lined correctly you understand what people mean when they talk about the entire layout coming to a halt. Hopefully I'll pay enough attention to not have any "cornfield...
  10. L

    Digitrax Zephyr Starter set

    I've had a Zephyr Xtra for a couple of weeks now, and love it. I converted an Atlas Silver GP40 with dual-mode decoder to DCC, installed a decoder in one SD70MAC and a sound decoder in another. It changes a lot about model railroading when you see two locomotives, on the same track, moving in...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top