Recent content by LakeErieExpress05

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. L

    Grain Mill Operation?

    Hey Guys, I’m extending my layout and looking to expand my layout by including a grain mill/elevator as seen in this picture. The prototype I’m using of a mill near where I am in Kent, Ohio. I guess what I am looking for is details on how a covered hopper is loaded/unloaded and what details...
  2. L

    Where to Put Signals?

    Thanks for the help guys, its much appreciated. Now that I know what goes where, I'm trying to find the prototypical type of signal needed. I think the signals (minus the dwarf light) should be a triple head searchlight signal below. Can anyone confirm this?
  3. L

    Where to Put Signals?

    I'm modeling a CSX ex Erie line in Northern Ohio or there abouts Circa mid-1990's. I'm wondering where I should put my signals and what type of signals would be prototypical for where I am modeling. Below is the track plan for the module I am currently working on. Any info is much appreciated.
  4. L

    Bedroom Winter Shelf Module/Layout

    Thanks all for the kind words. I used normal wall plaster for the snow and then sanded it down to get a somewhat uniform look. The hardest part by far is trying to clean the rails off after plaster gets on them (I have been using a nail file to clean around them. Once I finish with this section...
  5. L

    Bedroom Winter Shelf Module/Layout

    Well, finally started a small shelf layout. I'm in an apartment at the moment so needed something small/removal but didn't want to go for the old 4 x 8 layout. So I hung some shelves and am making a series of shelve "modules" that will eventually span around the room i have here but still be...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top