Recent content by Joltdawg

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    First Shot at A Mountain

    Hey guys, this is my first shot at making a mountain from scratch using the cardboard shell method and plaster cloth, i was pretty happy with the results for such a newbie! Let me know what you think!
  2. J

    Turnout Operation/Wiring

    Hello all, my newbie self is thinking about installing some turnouts into my basic layout but im confused on the operation and wiring of these. I know there are two types, remote and manual but Im confused on how to wire these and what else I need besides the piece of track. If i get the remote...
  3. J

    Best Paint?

    Thanks for all the info guys. I forgot that Walmart sells paint.. I'm liking that $7 price tag haha.
  4. J

    Best Paint?

    Hey all, What kind of paint is most common for concrete, rocks, ground cover, etc? I just want something that will look good as a background for the later application of ground foam, or ballast. I've heard latex paint is best to use, but what brand/color? thanks!
  5. J

    Fillin' the Gaps

    interesting, thanks for the pointers guys. Have either of you ever tried any spray foam to sort of fill in underneath track? I've kind of heard back and forth debate about using it on a model railroad so I'm just curious?
  6. J

    Fillin' the Gaps

    Hello everyone, and happy new year. I myself am a model railroading rookie and had a question involving track support. I have a piece of track that elevated off the ground due to a change in elevation,one end touches the ground and the other has a small foam support. To prevent the center for...
  7. J

    Atlas Code 100 6" Straight??

    Hey all, i was just doing some planning tonight, and was wondering if Atlas still makes a code 100 6" straight piece of track? I know it's available in their planning software, but for some reason I cant find it anywhere online? thanks for the help!
  8. J

    Ez command dynamis to Atlas track

    Excellent thanks for all the info. If I do have to strip the existing wire, how do I know which one is positive and which is negative? And will this be powerful enough to act as a bus?
  9. J

    Ez command dynamis to Atlas track

    I see... i thought about doing that but didn't want to ruin the cable, but i suppose I could just get another one if I ever decided to go back to the ez track.
  10. J

    Ez command dynamis to Atlas track

    There is one wire going from power station to track, its like a 3mm jack on one side and then most likely a proprietary thin box looking connector on the other. It is only one wire but im sure splicing it would show two. The outputs on the back include the 3mm jack, an I/o port and then a...
  11. J

    Ez command dynamis to Atlas track

    Alright, I'm a rookie and am trying to challenge myself a little more. I currently use bachmann ez track and want to switch over to atlas sectional track like a big boy. I use bachmann's ez command dynamis wireless controller, but I have no idea how to manually wire it to the new track? I know...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top