Recent content by JE78

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Layout question....

    Thank you. I was afraid this probably wasn't going to work or be to easy to make it work. I'll have to take a look at it more
  2. J

    Layout question....

    My layout is small, 4x9, I currently have 2 separate loops running 2 loco's on DCC power, my layout is simple, just 2 oval loops with switch track connecting them. What i''m wanting to do is make this one line, but I would have add an incline so one part of the track can go under. My main...
  3. J

    8x12 to 4x8

    Thanks for the tip!
  4. J

    8x12 to 4x8

    Earlier this year I rescued the 8x12 layout from my parents house that my dad I worked on years ago, he was going to toss in the trash. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21047 I got it to my house and up and running. Shortly after that I realized that the layout was...
  5. J

    Where to buy?

    I would check your local hobby shop thats 30 minutes away. Mine is about 20 minutes away and the prices are right on par with online prices. Plus I get it that day and i'm supporting my hobby shop. If you do find something online that and its cheaper, ask someone at your hobby shop if they'll...
  6. J

    Keeping track clean?

    We have 2 dehumidifiers in the basement that keeps it dry. Not sure if that will help it or not.
  7. J

    Keeping track clean?

    The layout is in my basement, its probably in the 60's down there. Not sure how much warmer it will get in the summer time, maybe 10 degrees.
  8. J

    Keeping track clean?

    Thanks, whats the best way to cut flex track?
  9. J

    Keeping track clean?

    Thanks for the info guys. I will add a few more feeders to the rails and see if that helps. One other question. As I was going over the layout I found there were a few places where the rails didn't join togeather all the way. For example there is some flex track that doesn't connect on one...
  10. J

    Keeping track clean?

    I have 1 feeder wire on each 4x8 section. There is some brass track but both main loops are nickel.
  11. J

    Keeping track clean?

    Thanks, I actually have some from a clipper kit we have and the next time i'm at my barber I'll ask her if she has any.
  12. J

    Keeping track clean?

    The layout is in my basement, not dusty at all and not damp either. My rolling stock is made up mostly of plastic wheels, some are metal I have not cleaned the loco's wheels or power pickups. I'm not sure how to get to them since there are no screws on the bottom, I would have to get to them...
  13. J

    Keeping track clean?

    The layout i'm working on right now was my dads and mine from almost 20 years ago, its a 8x12 layout with 2 main loops. When I got it I bought a brite boy and cleaned the track. I've had the layout now for just over a month and it seems I have to clean this thing almost 2 times a week or the...
  14. J

    New to the forums

    Here's my town area so far. I've been working on it for a few days now, i'm pretty happy with it so far. Comments welcome.
  15. J

    New to the forums

    I have everything set and ready to go, its time for some landscaping, building, and roads. The attached pictures show the area I have to work with and i'm looking for some idea's. Right now for the pavement that I have laid down I'm using old roofing shingles, I'm going to get rid of them and...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top