ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
F
Thank you, Munch. It's all coming back to me now... lol
-
F
Good day. Years ago (like about 20) I purchased some material from a craft shop to make evergreen trees. It was something like pipe cleaner material, except it was more fluted, if you know what I mean. You would cut it apart at the narrowest, then cut that piece in half to make 2 trees, that...
-
F
FWC RR has slowed to a crawl
Over the past winter, the FWC RR was started in my basement computer/furnace room. All the benchwork was completed and most track was laid. I am retiring from my job at the end of August, so I plan on spending a lot more time fine tuning the trackwork & turnouts...
-
F
Down then up on the FWC RR
Just a little background. I had originally planned on having a yard cover part of the lower level of the layout, but decided that it was a calamity waiting to happen. I re-thunk the idea and decided on a stand-alone yard measuring 24X48" that would be 7" above the...
-
F
From & to the upper yard on the FWC RR
Just a little background. I had originally planned on having a yard cover part of the lower level of the layout, but decided that it was a calamity waiting to happen. I re-thunk the idea and decided on a stand-alone yard measuring 24X48" that would be 7"...
-
F
I hope to take a video tomorrow showing how the grade looks with a Pacific 4-6-2.
Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get a lot of wheel spinning.
Well, I didn't take a video yet, but discovered that the 4-6-2 will be used for downhill trips only.
A Northern 4-8-4 had no problems pulling 8...
-
F
I haven't started to construct anything on it yet. I am starting to lay the rail to the upper yard just today. "We will see" is the best way of putting it so far.
Hopefully, the grade isn't too severe. But the only way to tell is to build it.
Here's a couple of pics.
-
F
FWC RR has most of the track laid. Upper yard-not yet!
I have a video on youtube that shows the 4-8-4 Northern meadering its way around the layout.
I got a good tip from Grampy's Trains about powering all the rail in the switches. I'll have to try that, but for the most part, this engine runs...
-
F
do the feeders go to both rails? And what method works the best for soldering without melting plastic ties?
thanks,
Norm
-
F
I removed the upper yard totally, and made a stand alone yard
I made a 24X48" yard that is 7" higher than the rest of my layout. I have approx 270" of running to raise up 7", or approx 1" every 40". I figure just under 3%. Here's some pics showing what I mean.
-
F
I removed the upper yard totally, and made stand alone yard
I made a 24X48" yard that is 7" higher than the rest of my layout. I have approx 270" of running to raise up 7", or approx 1" every 40". I figure just under 3%. Here's some pics showing what I mean.
Norm
-
F
I finally have all (I think) track laid for my lower level. I'm not sure about where the upper yard will be. I was going to cover part of the lower level, but I think I would regret that later, when a loco stalls or derails & I have to squirm underneath! I'm thinking now of a stand alone yard...
-
F
Here is the message that I received via email- note that it is the reverse of what your post says- Because if your switches are in fact hooked up to the DC, that would cause problems.
***************
No. I have double checked polarity as well. The switches are hooked up to the D.C. side and the...
-
F
just a thought- are you using the AC side of the transformer for the power source?
-
F
I am reducing the height of the upper yard to 5" from 7". I'll post some pics this weekend to show you what the incline looks like. Thanks for all your input. It is invaluable. When I was in this hobby 25-30 years ago, the resources available were limited to books, magazines, and maybe...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)