Recent content by Future

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. F

    Hey guys

    lol, well I just started talking about it and w/o hesitation the wife blatantly said "NO, now shut up about it!" so I guess that didn't go over well with her..ha ha
  2. F

    Hey guys

    Quick update here... I plan on talking to the wife tonight when I get home from work about listing everything I have for sale. I can always start collecting again once the house is purchased. Just a heads up in case anyone might be looking for a large lot.
  3. F

    vehicle on rail trucks?

    none that are powered though huh?
  4. F

    vehicle on rail trucks?

    Just wondering, do they make/have anything like this out there? To clarify what I'm talking about roughly 5 times a day at work there is a Ford F-250 superduty riding the tracks. I don't go to hobby shops or anything cause they are too far from the house, so I haven't seen any.
  5. F

    Hey guys

    I read this after you guys replied and I thank you for the input, but I've been finding myself just packing and packing them into boxes. I have a select few I keep aside, but it's tough as nails to keep things safe from breaking when you have over 75 engines, 200 rolling stock and over 60...
  6. F

    Hey guys

    It's been a while since I've visited, but still have that tendency to snatch up a cheap e-bay auction every once and a while. I have an honest question about the collecting aspect here that is going to help some things I need to figure out. Backdrop is I want to stop renting and buy a house...
  7. F

    Just some of the stuff I've aquired

    I'm thinking of doing a layout at my job. We have a full length loft we use as a storage attic. Roughly 2000sq. ft. of space. We are directly on the tracks (CSX or SEC one of them) and the work dog always barks at the train, so I figured this could be really interesting..ha ha This...
  8. F

    Just some of the stuff I've aquired

    Couldn't resist. I bought another Marklin 4-6-2 off ebay..ha ha
  9. F

    Semi-Newbie Here

    LOL, Nice reply! Lately I'm more into the steamers since most of the stuff out for diesel is pretty much repetitive IMO. As well I went and ran a few different engines diesel and steam and I'm not impressed by Rivarossi very much at all. Some were noisier than the Tyco. The steam is...
  10. F

    Decision making?

    What is Givens & Druthers? Dumb question being I'll search it, but is that the rail name? I left Jersey at 13y.o. so I'm going mainly by memory here.
  11. F

    Decision making?

    How did everyone decide what they wanted to build their layouts after? Did you have one in specific you liked seeing or did you just make your own up? Lately I've been thinking of trying to recreate something similar to the area I grew up in. A small town in New Jersey called Kearny. On the...
  12. F

    Just some of the stuff I've aquired

    Cool, Thanks I'll check that out now:)
  13. F

    Just some of the stuff I've aquired

    Being I finally played with the kadee couplers, I'm thinking I do want to change them all over. The question I have though about that is what's with the different numbers? (Like #21, #5, #321, etc...) I also received another ebay find yesterday. Mantua(?) 4-6-2. I'm not too sure if it is...
  14. F

    Just some of the stuff I've aquired

    Deerfield Beach. I'm close to the Train Museum. After 27 years in Florida I never knew there was a museum blocks away from me, so I'm going to plan a trip there in the next few weeks.
  15. F

    Semi-Newbie Here

    I thought of N scale or Z scale for the apartment, but it wouldn't fit in with the saltwater fish tanks that are taking up the back room space. I love the idea, but if the Z scale won't even fit, then either I'm pack-ratting in the apartment or I need to get a house pretty soon.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top