Recent content by furyus

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. furyus

    Making a tarp

    If you mix a little crafters paint with the 50/50 glue & water you dont need to paint after it dries. It also colors through the tissue.
  2. furyus

    Ideas for lines on Roads

    Hey Jeff, I just had a thought. ( it made my head hurt) Check out bugler pinstripe machine. If I remember right it had a dual line wheel. Don't know if it is small enough but it might work. It was originally used to pinstripe wheels. Check online for info. John
  3. furyus

    Coffee Shoppe XXIV

    Jim, I'm with you. I can't think of anything that important either. Turns out there were 3 cars and 11 people. The ages ranged from 16 to 21. This happened around 4:00 A.M. on a back country road. They were all going like someone set fire to their fannies and never saw the water at all. The 16...
  4. furyus

    Coffee Shoppe XXIV

    Chris, Put me down for a pair of gills too. With 12" of rain in the last 3 days I'm going to need them!!! The little creek that runs by my place is normally about dry this time of year, but today the water rescue dive team is looking for the last 3 people of 13 that were washed away in their...
  5. furyus

    Even a blind rabbit finds a carrot sometimes

    Hey All, Haven't had anything to show off all summer, But I stumbled onto this today. An add on our local Craigslist said: 4x4 layout a couple of engines and a few cars. All for $50.00. I think the add was so poorly written that noone bothered to look. It was posted Saturday.
  6. furyus

    An Auto-Carrier

    Josh- they look great. In regards to having them all the same color. Maybe you could have owner/ops on contract that pull company trailers. just a thought.
  7. furyus

    Let's see your grain elevators

    bk- Good point. I should have thought of that. It's always good to have another set of eyes. Thanks. John
  8. furyus

    Let's see your grain elevators

    Thanks All, Some great ideas. Corey- Are those all kits or did you scratch build the whole thing? Matt- I like the idea of splitting the structure for two sides and doubling the number of companies. Wonder what other buildings would lend themselves to that kind of thing. Here's what...
  9. furyus

    Weekly Photo Fun 2-12/2-18

    Spent a little time on this layout today. 4 year old daughter wanted to work on her railroad.
  10. furyus

    Let's see your grain elevators

    Evening All, I'm starting to put together a soybean processing plant. It's a crushing operation with raw beans coming in. Meal and oil will be going out. Sure could use some inspiration. I plan to scratch build most of the plant.
  11. furyus

    Show us your special rides

    Great rides guys. Here's mine: 1969 C10 lowered and flamed 1974 Maverick 11988 miles ( No it hasn't turned over) The only thing that didn't come from the dealership are the tires. Had original biasply when I bought it a year and a half ago. !969 Fury...
  12. furyus

    company rolling stock?

    Thanks Guys, That clears things up a bit. On the road to railroad knowledge,I'm about a foot into the first mile. It's good to know that there is an outstanding knowledge base in the forums here and everyone is so willing to share.
  13. furyus

    Weekly Photo Fun 2-5/2-11

    Chris- That doesn't look anything like the sky around here. Needs way more grey and a lot less blue. Maybe some big white flakes would help too.:p:D:rolleyes:
  14. furyus

    company rolling stock?

    Thanks Mark. So, are you saying a third party company would do the leasing or would, say, UP lease to ADM or could ADM own the cars outright? I'm modeling a retail lumber and coal company and with rail service but not planning anything that would have a large coal drag. My thoughts are to use...
  15. furyus

    company rolling stock?

    Evening All, Today I was down at the ADM soy bean prossessing plant watching them switch out hoppers and noticed mixed in with thw UP stock some ADM hoppers. Made me wonder: Is it common for a company to have their own cars. If it is, how big would the company need to be and how is it set up...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top