Recent content by dougcnup

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    Color Mix for Fading Brown Ore Cars

    i use all testors products in this, Works pretty good.i add about 8-10 drops of White Enamal Paint to bottle of Dullcote Lacquer (1.75 oz bottle). I fill airbrush cup 2/3 Dullcote, 1/3 Lacquer Thinner. Spray light coats onto car or engine, as many as you want. between coat I use a hairdrier to...
  2. D

    ttx flat cars

    Any suggestions whats a good yellow paint to use to custom paint some LTTX flat cars? Thank you Doug
  3. D

    Union Pacific MOW paint

    Happy Holidays all I have a few cars that i would like to piant for UP MOW. What would be a good match? Thank you Doug
  4. D

    DODX 3 axle trucks

    seems like Eastern Car works in no longer around. But i think i may have found closest trucks from Bethlehem Car Works 718-146
  5. D

    DODX 3 axle trucks

    can you send me a link for these Precision buckeye trucks, i would like to see. Thank You
  6. D

    DODX 3 axle trucks

    thanks alot guys, few years ago I bought myself 10 brass kits of these DODX flats
  7. D

    DODX 3 axle trucks

    Does anyone know where i can get trucks likes these or similiar? Thanks in advance. Doug
  8. D

    What do you wanna see in HO

    I'd also like to see a RTR Schnable car with interchangeable loads. Maybe loads are sold seperate so you can pick what you want. Also a large depresses center flat.
  9. D

    What do you wanna see in HO

    Microscale makes the decals for the bnsf one..
  10. D

    What do you wanna see in HO

    Ok guys there are cars and engines we all want to see made.. tell everyone what you want the manufactors to make I would like to see DODX 6 axle flat cars 89' flat car for hauling pipe, sheet steel, military vehicles 53' husky stack
  11. D

    Super detailing RPP SD90Mac and Dash 8's

    Do you mean these kinda grab irons? If so yes someone does make em.. here is a link to them http://railflyermodelprototypes.myshopify.com/products/dp-6223-dog-leg-grabs
  12. D

    Sdp40

    Hey guys I have a friend who is looking to model a SDP40. but can't seem to find a steam gen add on. Does anyone know if there is a company out there that might make one. Thinking of chopping up a atlas SDP35 body for that part. Thanks
  13. D

    SD60F project

    Ok everyone I am back to begin working on this project again. Deer hunting season is over now. I have been thinking about how I wanted to do the dynamic brake fan. I had bought myself a Cannon and Company fan hatch. I was thinking of drilling out the shell where it is suppose to go and press...
  14. D

    SD60F project

    thanks for the bump MLW Thursday night at work I was just thinking about this project and was thining to myself about getting back to work on it again. Thanks
  15. D

    Where do I find decent index drill bits!!!

    Just my 2 cents worth. but all my drill bits I buy from a local indusrtrial suppy company. Basicly where machine shops, toll and die makers, die makers buy there tools from.think they only cost about $1 to$1.50 each. Never had a problem of breaking except for my own mistakes. Lets face it your...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top