Recent content by csxnsvre

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    Athearn new announcement CSX SD40-2 paint scheme?

    bachmann has released an sd40-2 in yn3. the scheme looks very sharp. If u dont like the way it runs u could always re-power it. you could also add a few extra details.
  2. C

    Paragon & Blueline

    to activate the sound functions of your bli loco's on dc track you will need a dcmaster that they sell
  3. C

    Let's see your Intermodal Yards/ Facilities

    I know your are probably thinking this is just another one of those copy cats making another one of those "let's see your. . ." threads, but I am going to make a small intermodal facility on my small ho layout, and I want to see what your intermodal facilities look like so I can get a better...
  4. C

    Anyone know where to find any Viginia Railway Express HO scale stuff???

    Hey guys, the Virginia Railway Express is one of the railroads I am modeling on my HO layout, so I need some VRE stuff. But, HO VRE stuff is pretty rare on the market right now. I already have a 3 pack of VRE bombardier passenger cars from Athearn, but that's it. Does anyone know where to find...
  5. C

    How wide should an HO scale road be?

    Hey guys, I am about to start building paved roads on my Modern HO layout but I want to how wide they should be before I start. I am mainly going to have 2 lane roads. So, can anyone give me how wide they should be (in inches)?
  6. C

    Ballast

    I spray the ballast with 70% isopropyl alcohol first and then I spray it with scenic cement. But, to save money you can mix some elmers glue and water. I'm not sure what the ratio of water to glue should be though.
  7. C

    HO scale railroad crossing signal for a double track mainline on a DC powered layout

    I am thinking of using a Walthers cantilever crossing (with no gates). Since the crossing has no gates does it mean i dont need tortoise machines?
  8. C

    Your favorite online store??

    modeltrainstuff.com (mb klein),
  9. C

    HO scale railroad crossing signal for a double track mainline on a DC powered layout

    So, all I need is 2 infrared gcp's, some 22 guage wire, and the crossing gates?
  10. C

    HO scale railroad crossing signal for a double track mainline on a DC powered layout

    Thanks for the help. I think I will try the grade crossing pro. Hopefully soon.
  11. C

    HO scale railroad crossing signal for a double track mainline on a DC powered layout

    Thanks for the reply. Anyway the link you posted is the one I was talking about. But it would seem kind of hard to add new sensors and stuff. Does anyone know about South Bend Signals' railroad crossings and if they are good?
  12. C

    HO scale railroad crossing signal for a double track mainline on a DC powered layout

    Hey guys, this is my first post and thread that i have started! I am currently building a 4x8 ho DC POWERED layout with a double track mainline. I want to put an operating railroad crossing signal that won't be that hard to wire or anything. I am considering the walthers system but theirs is...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top