ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
C
The best advice that I can give you is to buy what your friends and/or local club has and are presumably at least moderately happy with.
My local club has a Digitrax system, and while not everybody is happy with it, you can't make everybody happy anyway all of the time.
That being said, a...
-
C
I still haven't figured out a way to solder wires to mine...
What do you means by a "station"??
-
C
I just put a DH165LO in a lifelike GP9,and added a soundbug module to it. Total cost, less than $70 bucks, including a 0.62 inch speaker.
Sounds pretty good to me. Sound volume moves up and down with the throttle, and it's got all the fancy CV options.
Plus, you can download different...
-
-
C
I agree completely. Half the fun of model railroading is creating and modifying the stuff that's out there for YOUR use.
While I do agree to some extent with the "instant gratification" mentality, cuz we all have done it, instant gratification taken to extremes leads to social degeneration...
-
C
You need to do two things. I've got plenty of Athearn blue boxes, and you are not alone in your problems.
1) When you assemble the kits, make sure you put in a nylon washer in-between the body of the car and the truck. Also put a washer next to the screw head (before you screw it in). That...
-
C
When I was in college, I used some Atlas track and had a large shelf that I made out of cinderblocks and some wood. So yeah, it doesn't have to be pretty, but it's a conversation starter.
Lets just say I owe that little layout some things....chicks dig trains...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)