ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
We still have them around here just on a smaller level. Still one of the only ways to get freight cars into the 5 boroughs with out going up to Albany and back down.
-
There used to be many car float operations here in New Jersey to shuffle cars over to New York City. Might be worth checking into. They were operated by such fallen flags as CNJ, PRR, LV, Erie and DL&W. The later two just becoming EL. You also had NYS&W and NYC.
-
-
I don't see it in here but most of the NS Dash9's have ditch lights on both ends of the locomotives. I guess this is just in case there becomes the possibility the leader needs to be cut and the other unit is trailing with no place to turn it. Not a fun ride to say the least but you do what ya...
-
Track first, no questions asked. I belong to a club and trying to fix track work when there is scenery in place already is a pain in the neck.
-
Speaking for what I see with NS trains near me it seems anything can end up in any type of service. I have seen locals with a GP38-2 and an SD50 to just a single dash 9. It comes down to whats available to go at the time.
-
Hey all, been lurking for sometime and finally decided to join up. Hope I can learn more from all of you and hopefully share some of my techniques as well!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)