Recent content by CMHN

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    CMHN's Layout Build

    I was thinking the same thing, I was going to just do it in phases, but I may build the whole bench and then just tinker way at it. As for the wasted space in the middle, its not any bigger square foot wise as the isles really. I just put the 2 isles together to have enough room for me and...
  2. C

    CMHN's Layout Build

    What does everybody think about this bench? It will give me plenty of room to move around with friends inside the layout, and still give me room on the layout for some great multi-train mainline running.
  3. C

    My new holiday layout for under the christmas tree started

    This just makes me want to make a Christmas layout now. Very well done, I love it. I bet it looks even better in person.
  4. C

    CMHN's Layout Build

    Yea I figured I would, I plan to keep posting on this forum as well as another one, but I made a blog basically for my family and friends to follow, as well as anybody else who may stumble upon it. My son is 7 and my daughter is 9. 18" radius turns is what Im going to use, the...
  5. C

    CMHN's Layout Build

    After some consideration and some feedback from members I changed my plan a little. As you can see I will be doing my layout in Phases, This way I don't get burnt out trying to do a huge layout. Phase I will be the 4'X8' table I have built and the 34"X184" workbench that is mostly...
  6. C

    CMHN's Layout Build

    Hi all, If any of you read my introduction thread you would know that I was going to build a 4X8 layout. I have since decided to move my layout from my dinning room to my basement. In my basement I have at the moment a 13' X 20' space to use, with additional space in the future. I...
  7. C

    Working with cardstock and paper

    @ Charles Smiley That model looks great, very inspiring. @ clevermod01 I just visited your website, very nice models. I checked out some of your tutorials, I like them very much. Thank you I am just getting into the model railroad hobby and while browsing through these...
  8. C

    New to Forums, with new layout.

    Well I have some good news. I decided to take the cover off this little train today to see if I could see why it didn't work. I found that one of the wires came loose. I got my soldering tool out and reattached the wire and put it on my track. It runs perfectly. I'm happy, I plan on...
  9. C

    New to Forums, with new layout.

    You can call me Chris. I see your point about the center circle, I may move the switches to the left a couple spots, that will give me an oval. Im planning on running a Thomas the Tank engine on that section, he only has 2 cars anyway so it should be alright. This layout is just to...
  10. C

    New to Forums, with new layout.

    Hi all, Im new to this forum, here is a little history about myself. Im in my 30's, with a wife and 2 great kids. I lost my job 2 years ago and decided to go back to school. I am majoring in CAD-AAS. I will be done in May :D. I live in Northeastern PA. This past weekend we went...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top