Recent content by bn_1970

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. bn_1970

    BN's revenge loco.

    Here's the SP.
  2. bn_1970

    BN's revenge loco.

    I created this in Photoshop. The railings do not look good, but you get the idea. I'm thinking of having something like this custom painted. I wish the merger occured this way:D Later I'll do a SP revenge loco-a UP with the SP "renumber patch".
  3. bn_1970

    Difference between U23c and U25c?

    Huh? I thought the older locos required soldering and milling out part of the frame for DCC encoder installation??
  4. bn_1970

    MT trucks and code 55 track compatibility?

    I'm about to order 10 pairs of Micro Trains roller bearing trucks 00325031 (1030-10-B). Will they work with code 55 track? The club I'm with is going to build free-mo modules for taking to shows.
  5. bn_1970

    my first over and under video,Leeds,AL

    Very cool! Yep.
  6. bn_1970

    Difference between U23c and U25c?

    Thanks Dan. After reading your post, I looked again and noticed the differences. Has Atlas recently made a u33 or u36 that's DCC ready?
  7. bn_1970

    Hello from Houston Texas.

    One U30c got here Monday-the others were a seperate order. They'll be here next Mon. Tuesday night I ran it at the clubhouse and ran so good. Hopefully all the locos I will choose in the future will be Kato:D
  8. bn_1970

    Hello from Houston Texas.

    Here. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25226
  9. bn_1970

    Difference between U23c and U25c?

    In the near future I plan on getting a NP loco to add to my early 70s BN. But it looks like there's almost nothing available in Kato or Atlas NP. So it will probably be a custom paint deal. Kato has U23c's available and the NP had U25c but no U23. I saw a few phots of the prototypes, but do not...
  10. bn_1970

    Club N scale layout pics.

    Thanks Pete. No I do not have any other photos or video-just joined the club 2 weeks ago and do not have a video camera. You did a better job on the moonlight than I did. I converted to B&W in the camera. With my very old Photoshop Elements 2.0, you can get strange shades of gray and loss of...
  11. bn_1970

    Doug Shea's D&J line

    Nice photos. The last two really rock.
  12. bn_1970

    Club N scale layout pics.

    Tonight was lots of fun-running trains, photographing, decorating the clubhouse for Christmas. Here are a few pics. The BN U30C is mine and the CNW belongs to a club member. Overcast light(no flash). The early morning/late evening sun was done with the flash mounted off camera and an amber...
  13. bn_1970

    Do these refrigeration cars fit the plan?

    Thanks Airslide. Yes you're right-the most important thing is to have fun. I'm not going to be TOO picky about dates. If something is within a couple or even a few years of what I want to model, I'll probably get it if that's what I like. But I'm very curious of when those orange BN cars were...
  14. bn_1970

    DUPX 12405 scratched 8 axle tanker

    Excellent job on that one.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top