Recent content by bikingmike

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    Engine painting service

    Don't be sorry...! Looking at that photo, the main thing is that it's underexposed - you can tell by the graininess of the image. More light is always a bonus. The camera you're using is 8MP; more than adequate for that type of work. It seems to be a fully automatic type, so you're going to...
  2. B

    Engine painting service

    To help eliminate silvering on decals, make sure you apply them over as glossy a surface as possible. You can then spray a mat coat over top if necessary. Decal setting solutions are great, but will always be limited by the amount of preparation on the surface you're applying them to.
  3. B

    Engine painting service

    A couple of points to note... Hi there, good on ya for giving this a go; you never know where it might lead to. I did see website the other night where some guy was charging about $80USD for painting and decalling - I dunno if those prices are still current. First thing is, learn how to...
  4. B

    Big ups for Walthers

    Kia Ora peeps A few weeks back while on a short visit to Australia from New Zealand I found a Proto2000 GP30 on special. Once I got it back home and gave it a run I found that it wasn't running properly. A quick email to Walthers confirmed that I had a cracked axle gear; due to my location...
  5. B

    Kia ORa from New Zealand.. aircraft modeller checking in

    ta muchly for the welcome! Cheers mate! I get the impression that you do armour modeling as well? Whereabouts in Aotearoa are you going to locate yourself? Cheers Mike
  6. B

    Kia ORa from New Zealand.. aircraft modeller checking in

    Hi there peeps Just joined up the other day after perusing the forums here. I'm actually mainly a scale aircraft modeller but I am enjoying faffing around with trains for a change. I have a ubquitous 4x8 residing in the garage that isin progress; the track plan is based in the Black...
  7. B

    Future Floor Finish On Models?

    Hi there Just joined forums yesterday, so I hope I don't come across like some noobie upstart... I'm predominantly an aircraft modeller, but like dabbling in RR as well. I've been using Klear/Future as a gloss coat for some years now, and it works very well. It can be brushed or sprayed on...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top