Recent content by BDP

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. BDP

    Athearn Locomotives????

    Thanks guys. Appreciate the confirmation of what I was thinking.
  2. BDP

    Athearn Locomotives????

    Not for sure exactly which section I should put this in, so I decided here. I am looking at possibly getting some Athearn engines and wondering what they mean by DCC Ready w/wiring harness? Does that mean that you would need to wire and solder a decoder in it or does it have a connector in...
  3. BDP

    MRC Guys, need your opinion.....

    I am looking at getting the Prodigy Wireless system for my Ho layout. My layout will be roughly 9'x14' and running mostly 2 trains but possibly 4 at the most to start with in phase 1 which I am currently on. My main line will be continuous without a reverse loop, I believe. Would the 3.5 amps...
  4. BDP

    Totally lost with everything... Where do I start?

    I am also coming back from a 20 year absence and I feel like my head is going to explode with information and I havent even started to build my benchwork yet. Hang in there like I am and try to soak it all in. DCC seems very intimidating but I am slowly catching on and if I can anyone can. When...
  5. BDP

    Probably a dumb question but....

    I have visited a few online stores and see that there are a few engines that have the DCC decoder in them already at a decent price, but dont think I can talk the wife just yet into forking over $170 for 1 engine with a factory installed decoder with sound. I am going to have to learn how to...
  6. BDP

    Probably a dumb question but....

    That is what I thought. Thanks for all the reply's. Sorry for a stupid question but just trying to figure some of this out. Some family members already want to purchase me a few things and want to make sure I get the right things and information.
  7. BDP

    What is your age?

    39 here and getting back into modeling after a 20 year absence.
  8. BDP

    Probably a dumb question but....

    Thanks for the reply. Trying to learn as much as possible. Things have changed in 20 years. So if I purchase DCC ready engines they will not run on the layout until I install the decoders in them correct?
  9. BDP

    Probably a dumb question but....

    I am getting back into model RR after a 20 year absence and wondering if anyone uses a "dummy engine" behind the lead engine? When I had my small 6x9 layout I used 1 motorized engine and then dummy engines after that. Back then it was DC. So if not using dummy engines could someone explain to...
  10. BDP

    Newbie to the board here.....

    Hi my name is Brad and I am new to the board here. Been out of modeling for about 15 years and now with 2 sons looking to get back into it with them. Boy times have changes since I last had my small layout. I will be starting from scratch on our layout so I am sure I will be asking lots of...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top