ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
A
I am in south central Ohio near the Ohio River. I may look into the Zanesville club. Thank you for the telling me about them.
-
A
The main industry on the railroad I am working on is tourism. It's a lakeside resort town with a large amusement park. There are many hotels, museums, shops, restaurants, etc. A trolley provides access to many of these areas. And several passenger trains roar through the busy little town. I have...
-
A
Does anyone know of any nice HO scale railroad clubs in southern Ohio? I am embarking on a large HO scale railroad project and would like to find others in my area also into this.
-
A
Hello again from Ohio---I last logged in 2 years ago, so it's like I'm new here again since I only made a few posts to begin with. I am working on a HO scale layout. I should be laying down the first tracks by August. I have just secured a room in the house for my layout since my wife is taking...
-
A
Flamingo Court Motel
Hi Rico. Howard Zane does incredible work. I had looked at the Victorian house several times in the past, and then I decided to contact him to see if he still had it. And he did. So I took a deep breath (trying to block out the price) and bought it. Then after getting it I...
-
A
Houses
The first picture is my Howard Zane HO scale original Victorian house. The second is also an HO scale original house by Howard Zane that I have. The third picture is from a house plan company---I bought the blueprints for it in hopes of building an HO scale model of it.
-
A
Photos
I have posted the first of some photos of buildings that are to go on my layout. I am posting them on General Discussions---Showin' Off.
-
A
The Seven Pines
This Howard Zane original HO scale house is also located in The Village. It is to be located next door to the Treetops. This house is called The Seven Pines for the seven pines located around the house. These four pictures were taken by Howard Zane.
-
A
Treetops
This is the HO scale Treetops Mansion that resides at the Lakeside Resort. It is my most expensive model having costed $795. It is a one of a kind model designed and built by Howard Zane. This house will be located on the slopes of a hill that leads down toward the lake. It is in a...
-
A
Flamingo Court Motel
This is the 28 unit Flamingo Court Motel (HO scale) at the Lakeside Resort. It is one of three Doo Wop style motels built from Bachmann Motels. Instead of using the standard office from these kits, I have used other models. The first picture shows the general layout of the...
-
A
Lake Forest Hotel
This is the Lake Forest Hotel, one of numerous motels/hotels that are already constructed or being built for my amusement resort model. This hotel will overlook a large lake about 12 feet away from the amusment park midway. The entire lake resort HO scale layout measures 26...
-
A
This is the amusement park entrance that will be placed at the beginning of my midway. I believe it is a Faller fire station??? I haven't seen others like it. I bought it at a used model train store several years ago. The midway measures 16 feet long (scale feet about 1400 feet). The midway will...
-
A
Thanks for your interest. I have an older Sony digital camera I will take pics with.
Yes, it is a large amusement park.
I will get some photos. It's been kind of busy here lately---wife getting ready to have gall bladder surgery, and we just got back from a small vacation a few days ago...
-
A
thank you
Thank you for welcoming me. I will try to get some pics---it will mostly be of the models without landscaping. And I can get a layout plan. I am located in Scioto County, Ohio.
These layout boards are all located in my basement. Around 25%-35% of the buildings are completed. I...
-
A
I am trying to find a floor plan for this model house I own. The first picture is the east face, the second the north face, the third the west face, and the fourth the south face. Any help would be appreciated. This Victorian house in HO scale was scratchbuilt by Howard Zane.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)