Recent content by alcanman

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. A

    FEC Fort Lauderdale Layout (HO)

    Hi Tolga. Love your track plan. I wish I had space to build a layout like that. I have to be content with small switching layouts. I'm a big fan of FEC and CSX operations in South Florida. My last layout 'South Florida Reload' was inspired by your videos and pics of FEC local 960.
  2. A

    CSX Transflo, NY

    Thanks Stephen. Here are a couple of more pics of the layout. Mal
  3. A

    CSX Transflo, NY

    Thanks George. I used styrene sheet painted light gray and weathered with weathering powders. The layout measures 9ft x 15ins. Here is the track plan and a pic of U30B #5340 shoving a loaded grain car into the unloading area at the right hand end of the layout Mal
  4. A

    CSX Transflo, NY

    Hi from the UK. After building 2 Florida based small HO switching layouts, CSX Palmetto Spur and Deerfield Beach, FL which I shared on this forum some time ago, I was looking for a new location for my next project. Having enjoyed a US vacation many years ago in New England and New York State...
  5. A

    Deerfield Beach,FL (HO switching layout)

    Thanks. The layout isn't portable
  6. A

    Deerfield Beach,FL (HO switching layout)

    Check out more switching action in my second video of Deerfield Beach, FL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xaalX4vOk8 Enjoy, Mal
  7. A

    Deerfield Beach,FL (HO switching layout)

    More pics of the layout, first a pic showing Deerfield Beach in the background ;) Second pic shows MP15AC #1173 switching Sun Sentinel Mal
  8. A

    Deerfield Beach,FL (HO switching layout)

    Thanks MLW. With the layout almost complete and a new camcorder purchased, I thought I'd try making a video of the layout. As EMD diesels are featured, I thought 'La Grange' seemed appropriate music to go with the video. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObeaNB_w7v8&feature=plcp Mal
  9. A

    Deerfield Beach,FL (HO switching layout)

    Thanks for your comments. I have no objection to the layout being copied. My intention is to show that a small layout can be easy and inexpensive to build, fun to operate in a realistic manner. The Transflo is basically a team track,inspired by the Transflo terminal at Ft.Lauderdale, FL. The...
  10. A

    Deerfield Beach,FL (HO switching layout)

    Thanks, here are another couple of pics showing the Transflo transloading facility at the right hand end of the layout
  11. A

    Deerfield Beach,FL (HO switching layout)

    Another couple of pics, first shows CSX GP40-2 #6351 arriving at Deerfield Beach from the partially hidden storage track at the right end of the layout. Operating the layout is fun and simple. Train arrives with 3 loaded cars which are exchanged for 3 empty loads spotted at the 4 spurs...
  12. A

    Deerfield Beach,FL (HO switching layout)

    Like my previous layout, Deerfield Beach, FL is small, measuring only 9ft x 15 ins. Here is the track plan Looking left to right we have Publix - this is their dairy processing plant which receives plastic pellet loads from which they make plastic milk bottles for their supermarkets Sun...
  13. A

    Deerfield Beach,FL (HO switching layout)

    Thanks, the orange sunset sky was added using Photoshop.
  14. A

    Deerfield Beach,FL (HO switching layout)

    Hi, some of you may recall my previous layout, CSX Palmetto Spur, which featured in this forum earlier this year. I have now started to build a new layout which has been inspired by videos of local switching operations in South Florida. Deerfield Beach has two industries which I thought would...
  15. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Thanks Trailrider, I use a Kadee #241 manual uncoupling tool. Coupler trips pins are also removed.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top