ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
I think I saw something on this car or a similar car in a model rr magazine years ago. It is a rebuilt heavyweight diner that was rebuilt with stream liner outer body. I doubt there are any models except maybe in brass as they were esentially a car shop special. It would probably have to be...
-
If it is a athearn, they actually had a non-dynamic brake hatch GP50. It is modeled after the Missouri Pacific non-dynamic brake GP50's.
-
The athearn GP35 with the CSX GE cab looks pretty interesting. Definetly possible. I remember seeing some photos of MoPac GE's with replacement emd cabs.
As for the blue engine it appears to be a old Model Power 1000hp switcher frame, Model Power FA2 shell- Actually a fa-1 shell but I think...
-
On a side note I think bowser acquired all the carry stuff. If I remember right they still had some of the carry stuff listed on there web site.
-
Most of my fleet is athearn BB kits. I havent bought them very often last few years as most of the places I buy them just didn't stock them. To me since horizon hobby took over athearn they have made it just like the rest of the model railroad companies. They now do most of there stuff in the...
-
I like nre's genset switcher design. To me it reminds me of the old alco rs-1's. Stripped down no frills easy to build and maintain.
-
I have been slowly repacing the plastic ones on my athearn fleet with new trucks from atlas. Yes, the atlas trucks use a shorter axle then athearn. I poped one set out of my new trucks just to see if they would fit the athearn truck frames, nope to short. Also if you put atlas trucks on athearns...
-
I mainly use AOL 9.1 on my xp machines and 9.0VR on my vista laptop. I dont really use IE7. Well , mike8693, I read your post and tried IE7 and surprise I can get to rp again. My aol browers still can't find it now. Strange as it worked fine up until about a week agoand this is the only site I...
-
I have been trying to go to railpictures.net lately and each time I try to navigate there I get a "web page not found". Did they shut down or something. I cant even get to there home page. I try getting back to them thru some links to photos I have saved and all I get is the gray page they show...
-
Top left: I agree, athearn sd45 frame with the older wide electric motor, the jet motor?
Top right: I agree,Athearn fm trainmaster shell
middle left: Looks like a frame specific to the front range shell, looks to be cast alot better than the athearn frame.
middle right: I agree, front range...
-
Man I wish I could have seen it. don't have ng channel. I may see about ordering the video. Oh on a second thought I see some souveinirs.:)
-
I watched it last night. Probably will record it next time it comes on. Hay if they scrap those power assembalies I will take one for a souvienir. lol
-
Jerry I hear you. To me most of the fine detail now is a turn off more than a turn on in the hobby. These details look great but they dont hold up like the older metail handrails. Especially when I was a kid, the only engines that still had handrails were the athearn bb metalones. All the ones...
-
Sweet! That is cool you have a boss that lets you do that.
-
No I havent ordered them yet. I havent had much time to mess with my railroad lately. I do have caboose industries which works good but is a little to large to my likeing. I just figured at least one of us on here would have one and maybe a picture of teh actual stand.
Those details west...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)