ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
If we are talking about partially unloading a car at an industry and then having the railroad pick up the car and move it to another industry where the remainder of the cargo is unloaded, it is called "Breaking Bulk".
"Breaking Bulk" isn't something that the railroads ever liked to do. It the...
-
This is a process that is being used more by model railroaders. If a modeler is willing to take the time to learn the 3D modeling software they can make almost anything. You do not have to have the 3D printer. They is a company, Shapeways, that will print the model for a fee. One advantage of...
-
American Flyer S scale W/ 0-6-0 Dockside: 1962
HO, started with Varney Freight Train set with SP A-B-A F7: 1968
N scale: 1995.
Depending on how you look at it that would make it 52 years.
-
It depends... Real Railroads only had curves when they had to, of course. Curves could be required because of terrain as a example. If your trains run through Iowa flat lands then there would be few curves. If you are in the Rocky Mountains there would be more curves. Basically the right of way...
-
Thanks I am going to probably try this. I have a older version of AutoCAD and a lot of experience with that software.
-
Thanks Everyone.
The first building is a RSLaser kit. The other two are scratch built. The tipple is a compressed version of one found in Colorado, The other is the Doris California "Opera" house and a attached business.
These are N scale.
If I ever get to start another layout it will probably...
-
I am not sure I get it. .. Would I require upgraded software from the company that makes the device in order to use a dxf file from AutoCAD? I did not see anything on the web site. I see lots of use for this device if it will cut 015 styrene.
-
its in a friend of mines garage.
-
Guys the statement I made about selling my copy of "303 Tips..." was made tongue in cheek... I would not part with that valuable book for a million... opps there I go again.
-
This was a earlier layout I did about six years ago.. set in eastern Oregon.
-
A internet search shows this as out of stock everywhere I could find. .. but the original price was under $20.
Another book offered:
303 Tips for Detailing Model Railroad Scenery and Structures (Model Railroader) for 84$
I will let my copy go for 60$... I am sitting on a fortune in old MRR...
-
I have heard of that happening at fast food drive through.. The person ahead pays for the next car... sometimes the next car will pay for the next and so on. It is a good way to give the young person working at the drive through an experience they will not forget.
-
Sorry about the jargon. When I did the post I could not remember how to spell "Maintenance"... it was late. RSLaser also has several wood structure kits that would work well for a layout set before 1900.
-
hello Billy
I am new here also but have been doing N scale for a while. In my humble opinion DCC is the way to go in N scale if you are just starting out. There is some expense up front but in the long run you save time and aggravation with wiring. DCC also makes using multiple locomotives in a...
-
Truss rod freight cars
RSLaser has wood truss rod freight car kits in N scale. They have stock cars, flats, gondolas, wood tank car and a MOW caboose. They would fit your era.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)