Winter Projects

Jerome,

What kind of airbrush are you using? I forget what you said in the past. Single action or double? Manufacturer?

thx
James
James, you mean this old thing? A Paasche H model. I bought way back in the mid 80's when I first started painting. Don't notice the teeth marks on the end. Lol

20200108_164712.jpg

Lots to do, I finally have parts to get projects done. I have the last of three long runners to finish. The grain cars need to finish patch out decal and weather. The coal module needs some fixing up and redo the loader. I have some cars that were bought over the summer months that need a test run before they get weathered. I also have a few engines that need sound systems put in and dirty them up. I'm sure there are a few others.

I have several different projects which for me is good because I hate being stuck on one thing to long. Sometime it's nice to step away and work on another project and get time to think about the last one and how your going to finish it rather than rushing to finish it. Then there are projects you start and you wait and wait for a part or some supplies and it sits while somebody decides the fate of that project on whether or not it's worth producing anymore.

Anyway most of my projects a railcar related. I enjoy making my own loads from stuff you never think of. For example using the old turbo for a turbo water meter. Using aluminum chips from a milling machine for gondola loads. I'm currently working on pipe loads which will be water line pipe.
Another project is building long runners,I have 2 half way on a third. Made a little different as I didn't widen the body to accommodate the trailer moving on curves instead I made the running gear on the trailer rotate on curves. This allows it to work on different radiuses. Here's a few pics.
IMG_3069.jpg
IMG_3067.jpg
002.JPG

I have several different projects which for me is good because I hate being stuck on one thing to long. Sometime it's nice to step away and work on another project and get time to think about the last one and how your going to finish it rather than rushing to finish it. Then there are projects you start and you wait and wait for a part or some supplies and it sits while somebody decides the fate of that project on whether or not it's worth producing anymore.

Anyway most of my projects a railcar related. I enjoy making my own loads from stuff you never think of. For example using the old turbo for a turbo water meter. Using aluminum chips from a milling machine for gondola loads. I'm currently working on pipe loads which will be water line pipe.
Another project is building long runners,I have 2 half way on a third. Made a little different as I didn't widen the body to accommodate the trailer moving on curves instead I made the running gear on the trailer rotate on curves. This allows it to work on different radiuses. Here's a few pics.View attachment 43958View attachment 43959View attachment 43960

Gotta love those depressed flat cars....so hard to find these days....

Back