Which Digitrax System

Kickout

I’m getting back into HO model railroading, and would like to get your opinions on which Digitrax system to purchase. Right now I am planning to start with a 4x8 layout, with future additions of 3x8 on each end. Presently have 4 diesels all DCC equipped. What are you suggestions for Digitrax only.
Thanks

I'd probably get a new model Zephyr. It has an LCD screen, and you can plug remote throttles into it later, when you need them. Digitrax has made three versions of the Zephyr. The first one is really dated, and the second version had some strange things with it (It's not a defect, it's a feature!).

Agreed, the Zephyr, but keep an eye on future needs. Pretty much every one of us can force ourselves to go slow, to not go big too soon. But, we almost all get there in time. Meaning, while you have a very modest holding at present, by 2028 you'll have eight diesels, some of them consisted, and they'll all need juice when you're running them. It might put the Zephyr near the top range of its power supply, meaning it'll build up heat and shorten its life. Again, this is by no means a certainty, but it's something to put on the table while you're looking at all the factors.

Back