What to do?

oldtanker

I received a Lionel O gauge Super Set NIB for Christmas. Now I have the start of a HO layout in the basement and a small N layout started in the living room. Old farm house about 1300 square feet. Not big but big enough for the wife and I. The original part of the house, 14' by 22' has the basement under it. About 1/2 is layout space, the rest has 2 freezers, furnace, water heater and well pump. So no room there. The living room is an addition about 13.5' square. So no extra room there. So what do I do with this O gauge set? Hang it from the ceiling like my wife says? That's going to mean some extra track which is no big deal. Suggestions?

Rick

I received a Lionel O gauge Super Set NIB for Christmas. Now I have the start of a HO layout in the basement and a small N layout started in the living room. Old farm house about 1300 square feet. Not big but big enough for the wife and I. The original part of the house, 14' by 22' has the basement under it. About 1/2 is layout space, the rest has 2 freezers, furnace, water heater and well pump. So no room there. The living room is an addition about 13.5' square. So no extra room there. So what do I do with this O gauge set? Hang it from the ceiling like my wife says? That's going to mean some extra track which is no big deal. Suggestions?

Rick

Hangin' it from the ceiling has been done, Logandsawman did an HO round the walls above door height, no reason an "O" couldn't be done the same. 'course you could consider something like this

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/hom...rianne-and-john-kennerley-20131021-2vwim.html (scroll down to video)

Cool but I just don't think that would work well in my house.

Rick

Yeah, don't think I'd get away with it either. (although I've been threatened she'll leave and I can have the house to myself ("See how you'd like that") I'm still waiting.

Yeah, don't think I'd get away with it either. (although I've been threatened she'll leave and I can have the house to myself ("See how you'd like that") I'm still waiting.

WE have been married 42 years as of Dec 15. I think I'll keep her. She's about as trained as I can expect. Hate to have to start from scratch training another!

Rick

WE have been married 42 years as of Dec 15. I think I'll keep her. She's about as trained as I can expect. Hate to have to start from scratch training another!

Rick

LOL! After about ten- fifteen years we knew we were STUCK with each other for that very reason, the time it would take to 'train' another has kept our marriage STRONG!

May all be as lucky as I in finding a spouse you DESERVE!

Back