What Others Think You Should Model

I have the same item, same information on the face plate. 15V AC output. Mine is for the Super Empire Builder. Or, as I like to call it, Da Klunk.

When did Digitrax go to using a DC power input? Mine are AC. In fact, I use Digitrax PS514s, 15VAC output, to power my Lentz and NCE ProCab as well.
All of Digitrax most recent equipment is now DC driven. Any of the DCS 210/240's etc require a DC power supply. Same goes for any of the DB210/200 etc. It looks like the DCS 210 was released in 2016.

From what I am told this is due to new FCC regulations regarding higher efficiency of power supplies and the older AC ones are not nearly as efficient as the DC switching power supplies. Source of this info was a good friend of mine who is an electrical engineer.

All of Digitrax most recent equipment is now DC driven. Any of the DCS 210/240's etc require a DC power supply. Same goes for any of the DB210/200 etc. It looks like the DCS 210 was released in 2016.

From what I am told this is due to new FCC regulations regarding higher efficiency of power supplies and the older AC ones are not nearly as efficient as the DC switching power supplies. Source of this info was a good friend of mine who is an electrical engineer.
Might be the reason for the differences.
A could understand an FCC regulation for safety or interference, but to merely provide a higher efficiency of power supplies at the 12 volt level. I would think it wasn't much more than a recommendation.

Might be the reason for the differences.
A could understand an FCC regulation for safety or interference, but to merely provide a higher efficiency of power supplies at the 12 volt level. I would think it wasn't much more than a recommendation.
I would think, it would be because when one requires a DC source then they don't have to build a full wave rectifier into control unit. Let the power unit do it.

I would think, it would be because when one requires a DC source then they don't have to build a full wave rectifier into control unit. Let the power unit do it.
Exactly. The DC switching power supplies are much more efficient than the full bridge rectifier circuits that were used previously. They are also off-the-shelf items these days. I doubt that Digitrax has actually done the PS design. I believe that the have sourced them and tested them to certify them for use with their equipment.

To answer OP ---

RULE 1
yeah, I keep telling him I'll take a look at this idea when he gets it working on his layout.
His latest idea is a rolling stock railer system. This idea is has some kind of motor in it and sits over the track. Ya just put your rolling stock in it and it will align the wheels with the rails, set it on the track and give it a push out of the way for the next car.
I told him I already have a railer tool that I take with me to the train show to rail my rolling stock. It's pretty easy and quick but without the motor because my railer has an incline and I can just give the car a slight push down the track. Welllll, with this, the motor moves the car so ya don't have to spend a lot of time pushing the car yourself. Tom!!! How much time savings are ya talking about? half a second per car? Wellll, it all adds up so ya aren't wasting your time railing your cars. Do ya have a working version of it? Not yet, but I'll prolly have one in a couple weeks. Ohhhh, you'll have one ready right after ya finish the scenery on your layout, right? &%$*^(*&%%&!!

yeah, I keep telling him I'll take a look at this idea when he gets it working on his layout.
His latest idea is a rolling stock railer system. This idea is has some kind of motor in it and sits over the track. Ya just put your rolling stock in it and it will align the wheels with the rails, set it on the track and give it a push out of the way for the next car.
I told him I already have a railer tool that I take with me to the train show to rail my rolling stock. It's pretty easy and quick but without the motor because my railer has an incline and I can just give the car a slight push down the track. Welllll, with this, the motor moves the car so ya don't have to spend a lot of time pushing the car yourself. Tom!!! How much time savings are ya talking about? half a second per car? Wellll, it all adds up so ya aren't wasting your time railing your cars. Do ya have a working version of it? Not yet, but I'll prolly have one in a couple weeks. Ohhhh, you'll have one ready right after ya finish the scenery on your layout, right? &%$*^(*&%%&!!
All he needs to do is get one of those old Hot Wheels "super charger" I think they called them, and slow it down to train speed. Put it over the re-railing ramp and there you go.

On my little ramp, I don't even have to push them. They roll off the ramp before I can grab the next car. Sooo, does seem pointlesss.

British already have something like that only they also added the ability to clean wheels. More effect at wheel cleaning. so that is how t is marketed.

Back