Well, I got some splaining to do...

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
I may be in trouble with Mrs Grande Man. :rolleyes: I had some Ebay low ball bids up for various engines. Then I saw the Stewart FT's on auction and just flat out bought them. (made the mistake of returning to the pics to many times) :D Well, guess what? We won a lowball bid on a P2K GP20 (CB&Q), an older Atlas GP40 (Grande, large herald) and are winning an auction for a modified Athearn GP9 from a collection! Sheesh, when it rains, it pours. :D Good news is that the Platte Canyon Sub has some needed new power and some of them came at great prices!!! :cool:

Honey, you got a minute???

Sounds like someone is going to be very attentive, helpful and cooperative EH! Well at least till this blows over :D

13.gif
Willis

:D :D Here's a tip for Mrs. Grande Man: Keep A List of coveted fun stuff for those times when you hear, "Honey, you got a minute???" Remain quiet and serene while he describes his latest hobby-related acquisition. (In my house, the prize is often golf-related.) Always tell him how happy you are for him. Once he's weak with relief that you didn't pitch a fit, that's the time to reveal how thrilled you'd be with an item from Your List. (In my case, it's usually train-related.) Works every time, and we've been married almost 50 years. :D :D :D

Tell her it was a very important aquisition. The GM has been hounding you to get some more power on the Platte Canyon sub...

NWR #200 said:
Tell her it was a very important aquisition. The GM has been hounding you to get some more power on the Platte Canyon sub...

Wait! There's an idea, blame it on LGM... Naw, he's to guilty looking, he was right by the keyboard agging me on thru each bid. :D

Lady_Railfan said:
:D :D Here's a tip for Mrs. Grande Man: Keep A List of coveted fun stuff for those times when you hear, "Honey, you got a minute???" Remain quiet and serene while he describes his latest hobby-related acquisition. (In my house, the prize is often golf-related.) Always tell him how happy you are for him. Once he's weak with relief that you didn't pitch a fit, that's the time to reveal how thrilled you'd be with an item from Your List. (In my case, it's usually train-related.) Works every time, and we've been married almost 50 years. :D :D :D

Claudia, please, no coaching for Mrs GM... :D

BTW, congrats on the approaching 50 year year mark!!! That's a milestone showing true character and commitment that's rare in the world today.

I did a search for all the ended items(As I do for all of the guys on the forums I end up running into a lot) because I was curious as to what you bought. I will not reveal your eBay name, but that GP9 you were bidding on looks impressive! I must point out one thing on all older Atlas locos: They have that strange indention(?) in the fuel tank. Never did understand that.

Congrats on your eBay purchases!

uspscsx said:
I did a search for all the ended items(As I do for all of the guys on the forums I end up running into a lot) because I was curious as to what you bought. I will not reveal your eBay name, but that GP9 you were bidding on looks impressive! I must point out one thing on all older Atlas locos: They have that strange indention(?) in the fuel tank. Never did understand that.

Congrats on your eBay purchases!

Thanks. We're looking forward to getting them. Hopefully, they'll all show up next week. All this congestion on the layout will be some incentive to get moving on the staging yards!

Back