Walthers Proto quality?

Rigby

From their photographs, Walthers' Proto locomotives look pretty good (n-scale). Any experiences with their equipment? Good/bad/ugly? They have B&M 0-8-0 switcher coming out in March that would suit my road quite nicely.

I have the NP version in HO. P2K tends to be good quality, especially their steamers.

Don't know anything about their N-scale offerings, since I model HO. But, I wouldn't think there'd be any drop-off.

Kennedy

I have 2 Proto 2000 steamers. I like them better than the Precisioncraft and Broadway limited steamers I have. great detail and sound. Very smooth running. I have HO by the way.

I can't comment on the steamers, but I have a number of the new proto series diesels and they're first rate.....easily on par with Atlas.

I don't do N scale but, like Dave, I've got a bunch of Proto HO diesels and they just keep getting better. There were some problems with some of the very early models but anything made since about 2003 has been fine. Assuming that the N scale engines are the same quality, I wouldn't hesitate buying one.

Back