Walthers Digital Turntable Drops Track Assignments

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
I have a Walthers 90 foot turntable with digital control. I got things setup and it aligned with all the storage tracks just right. I remained this way and worked perfectly for about a year. Now, all of a sudden, It's like it forgot all its settings.
I tried recalibrating but it just turns aimlessly without stopping at any particular track.

I'm sure you have already done so, but there is an optical sensor that 'finds' the 0 position. Maybe some debris dropped and covered something. I seem to remember the instructions had some procedures to clean that if necessary.

Yep, did that. Cleaned the pit real good too.
Not clear why it dropped all its programming.
My friend has had one of those turntables and its never quite worked correctly since day one.

We ended up removing all the control wiring and installing a cheap decoder to the deck wired to the track bus, and controlling it it that way, does need visual confirmation that the deck is lined up but it works now!

I don't know about the 90ft turntable, but the 130ft the sensor is in the side of the pit and the end of the bridge.
If you don't figure out what happened, I would contact Walthers. A friend of mine had problems with his 130 ft and the guy he talked with there was a real help to him.

Richard

Back