Walthers Airslide Hopper lightly weathered…

AirbrushNo5

Didn’t do too much on this one…

B8844BEF-82C1-46E2-BB23-4163F1E3DD77.jpeg

Thanks.. I am 60’s up through 2000s but not big on graffiti..like the 70s, 80s and 90s most
Basically if I like the car, it works… I am not approaching this with any specific timeline requirements…

Thanks.. I am 60’s up through 2000s but not big on graffiti..like the 70s, 80s and 90s most
Basically if I like the car, it works… I am not approaching this with any specific timeline requirements…
It fits your possible time frame and the light weathering definitely makes sense. I model 2015 and stuff from the 80’s is in their last years and features rust. I seem to have a heavy weathering image in my mind so stuff I do that has been built in the 2000’s + I need a prototype picture to work from.

Again, nicely done

These are all very, very good. "Chalking" the paint with the white over-spray/wash as you do is probably the most effective part of your process, and the thinned turpentine wash works very well too. Then the spray from the ballast and rails back up the lower sides, and your underframe/trucks and wheels treatment takes them from "models" to "real thing"--all of a piece. Hat's off.

IMO, there is almost no such thing as "black paint" in the real world, just dark. Even on a new locomotive--by the time it leaves La Grange and arrives on "your railroad" it's already aging. I suspect you would agree.

Re, yer moniker: Is "AirbrushNo5" a cologne? Sorta like "Chanel No 5" is for women...but aimed at us model railroaders? :D

Very nice, I usually overdo any weathering, I'm too heavy handed, (probably why I don't do any RTR) but I like the "nearly new" or "hardly used" look you've achieved. :)

Thanks,
I started weathering cars about 18 months ago…

The first few were kind of heavy handed…till I figured out minimal airbrush pressures…what to do with oil paints…what oil colours to use..
The first one I did was the Santa Fe Reefer…then a few then the FRISCO… then a few then the GN
It’s a learning curve…

7ABDF875-C6F2-4970-A30F-4AD1C966D41E.jpeg

6D66E607-627F-47AB-A1BC-B4C5CE2DDA9B.jpeg

Back