Using Steel Shelving Cut Down For Upper Track Layout A Good Idea??

afleetcommand

Bunch of stuff in this one, first a REAL train. CSX Manifest with over 600 axles of Empty Tank Cars. Pretty regular sight on the "ex" NYC main line. Why show this? To contrast the issue of true modelling vs. simply having fun with toy trains. For me to model the real around here trains, my train room would eat up the entire second story of my house and I would need the high end MTH & Lionel equipment to do that. SO I go the other way. My train "habit" or hobby started when I was a preteen. Took a 50 year hiatus until now. Along with the box of pre and post war stuff from my youth, now like low cost "projects" and toy trains to simply have fun with these little mechanical beasts. Find used & tossed to the side toy trains and try to bring them back to life....and have a "fun" layout to run them on. ALSO have to mix in my wife or I would be doing this alone. Not a good thing for folks. She loves to build and construct things. From remodeling our house to building sheds on the farm. And has taken an interest in constructing the frame work for winter and summer layouts. She does the houses and villages. The wiring for lighting etc. I do the wiring for the track & transformers. Also I do the things requiring welding/brazing heavy construction like tables. A shared experience and a way to spend a snowy or rain day inside when we can't work outside logging or on the farm. THIS is the result. and is about sharing the "chaos" & hopefully fun

Last edited:

Back