Turnout radius's

Rico

BN Modeller
I used to have a chart that showed all the major brands of turnouts with manuf. numbers, frog angles, and radius equivalents.
Does anyone know of such a thing, or of a website that shows the info?
In particular I'm looking for 30" radius turnouts in code 83.
I've given some thought to custom building, but would check out the available alternatives first.
Thanx for any help!
Rick

I don't rememeber such a listing but I know that Peco has 60"/30" radius turnouts so you might check wth them.

Well a quick peek in the Walthers "bible" shows their curved switches as: #6.5 has 20" and 24" , #7 has 24" and 28", #7.5 has 32" and 36", and #8 has 32" and 36" radius's. (radii?)
Wonder if that translates to all makes of curved turnouts, hmmm.....

Oh, curved switches. You didn't mention that. Curved switches usually have a diverging route radius four inches less than the mainline, as Walthers illustrates. I don't think that there's really any standard to that, it's just the way it works out since the diverging route is curving along with the mainline and there needs to be enough clearance between the two tracks. I would guess most curved switches are pretty similar but you would need to check with the manufacturer to get precise figures.

Thanx jim,
I'm looking into building one for one spot, was planning on putting a straight #8 in on the curve, but don't like having an interuption on my radius.
Rick

Back