Train wont move

Mixerdriver

I have a prodigy2 controler and a tcs t1 decoder with a mrc sound card. I have the decoder and the sound card wired in the same spot on the trains circuitboard. The headlite for the train comes on but the train will not move when throttle is applied. I can not seem to reset the t1 to factory settings. I did try and address the loco. I have tried all i know (which is nothing) I have read the manuel for the dcc till i almost memorized it, same with the decoder instructions. I am ready to screamm:(:mad::mad:
Any help would be a great help

Is our address a long or short address? Are you still on the factory default address of "03"? There may be a clue there.

If you chose an address with a number higher than 127, you must reset CV29 to a value that lets your decoder know it can go ahead and respond to commands given to the new extended address. Addresses higher than 127 are long or extended addresses. Try a setting of "34 " and then acquire the engine. Use Ops mode to set CV29 to 34, dial in the new address, and blow the horn/whistle. If it blows, you are in business and should remember from now on what to do when programming long addresses into decoders. Note that a value of 34 means the decoder won't respond on analog layouts...those running only DC current. You'll need to programme a value of "38" in to CV29 to get the decoder to respond to whatever power it gets from the rails.

The other problem may be that your MRC soundcard is giving you problems...MRC decoders are notorious, and I do mean it in just that literal sense, for not performing well. You need a booster or a resistor across the rails to get them to programme. Someone else can help you with that...I have no decoders by MRC.

Back