Train-Miniature

I could be wrong (and welcome correction), but I believe T-M was eventually absorbed into the "Roundhouse" line (which was once a product line for Model Die Casting. Where it went afterwards I'm not sure... possibly to Athearn...?

I have been building Train Miniature MOW cars, mostly PRR. Several are difficult to locate. I have noticed that a few resemble Walthers cars. Did Walthers buy Train-Miniatures at some point ?
Thanks RetiredEngr#11
There have been many train miniatures box cars on sale on ebay lately. I have been curious about their quality as it seems like not a lot of bidding on them.

I have not seen the mow cars, but lots of bill board reefer cars. Could you post a couple photos of yours?

Dave LASM

Last edited:
I have been building Train Miniature MOW cars, mostly PRR. Several are difficult to locate. I have noticed that a few resemble Walthers cars. Did Walthers buy Train-Miniatures at some point ?
Yes, Walther's bought out Train Miniature in 1985. Apparently another case of a single owner business that the family didn't care to carry it on after the founder retired/passed.

OOH and looky here. A compilation list of everything they produced:
https://www.steamlocomotive.com/model/tm/

Back