track feed wire terminal strips for dummies

Bristolman2012

if one were to use terminal strips as part of dcc track feed connectors . are the terminal strips hooked in series or do u tap into the buss wire and connect to terminal strip ?

Thank you , after disassembling my first flat Ho layout , not sure how to describe my 14 ga bus wire where I had used the suitcase connectors to feed my track wire . Bought new wire . Going to put strip connectors on my face boards of framework and cover for access .

Would the 10 amp rated strips be ok ? just found a post about terminal strips and 10 amp more than adequate . Just ordered them . Thx again for help .

Last edited:
Would the 10 amp rated strips be ok ? just found a post about terminal strips and 10 amp more than adequate . Just ordered them . Thx again for help .
So will you do three or 4 terminal strips and hook your feeders to those? You don’t recommend the suitcase connectors?

No I’m going to do 8 insulated terminal connectors for the track feeds . 2 in the middle of each side of my 5 ft x 10 ft layout table , 1 red and 1 black . The suitcase connectors are ok for permenant layouts and the track laying experts and I’m not looking for that type of layout . Want to make it interesting but not necessarily a forever layout . Going to switch to kato
track .

Back